Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my grant on 4th sep. and along with the grant I got another letter stating condition 8504 which stated this:

8504 The holder must enter Australia as the holder of the visa to which the condition applies before a date specified by the Minister.
This condition requires that an initial entry into Australia by each visa holder be made before the date specified in the “Visa Grant Notice” provided to you when your visa was granted.
General Skilled Migration is aware that you and/or your family members who were granted a visa as part of your application may not comply with this condition.
Failure to comply with visa conditions can render a visa liable for cancellation under the Migration Act 1958 and visa holders are encouraged to make their first entry by the initial entry date.
General Skilled Migration; however; has no objection to visa holders travelling to Australia in breach of condition 8504 and will not seek to cancel a visa where the only reason for doing so would be the breach of this condition.
Visa Validity
As I might not not be able to travel before my IED, I requested a facilitation letter to waive off the travel before IED requirement.

When I got the facilitation letter, the content of this letter is same as the original 8504 letter with no difference.

Can anyone let me know what are the contents of the facilitation letter should be.

Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
According to one of the other forums, you normally get a letter which say the following:

File Reference: XXXXXXXXXXX
ICSE Request ID: XXXXXXXXXXX
Primary Visa Holder: XXXXX
Visa: Skilled - Independent (Web)(SI 189)
NOTIFICATION REGARDING TRAVEL IN BREACH OF VISA CONDITION 8504
Dear XXXXX
I am writing with reference to the Class SI subclass 189 visa(s), granted on XXXXXXXX
and which included the following visa condition:
8504 The holder must enter Australia as the holder of the visa to which the
condition applies before a date specified by the Minister.

This condition required that an initial entry into Australia by each visa holder be made
before XXXX
Recently this department received correspondence advising that the following visa
holder(s) may not comply with this condition by entering Australia within the prescribed
timeframe.
• XXXXXX
• YYYYYY

I did not get this type of letter although the email body says:
"Please find attached a facilitation letter which will facilitate your entry into Australia after the Initial Entry Date expiry".
What was sent was the normal 8504 letter which many people get along with the grant.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts