Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I am in France now on a long stay VISA and just went to check into the OFII as I was told to do at the consulate in Sydney. I was told to check in and they will just ask me to pay a tax of 50 Euros.
I just got my letter from them saying that I need to go in for a medical and pay a fee of 241 Euros!!!
Is this normal, I can understand if it is but it is very different to what the consulate told me in Sydney...

·
Administrator
49,164 Posts
It depends on what type of long-stay visa you are on, but the official price list for the first carte de séjour is here: Première demande de carte de séjour temporaire - Service-public.fr (scroll down the page for the table giving the prices).

What you've run into is the phenomenon where the Consulates don't bother to check on the Service Public site to find the latest and greatest information. Or worse, if they aren't sure, they "wing it" and just make something up.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
386 Posts
I think for the OFII and medical check it was around 350 euros more or less... its what you need to pay. Also you have to pay for private health insurance - not travel insurance but proper health insurance in france which costs anywhere from 100 to 500 euros a month depending on you age and health condition. You have to provide proof of accommodation which can be rented property or a letter from someone willing to host you in their apartment.

·
Registered
974 Posts
The 50 euro tax you were told about is actually the cost of the medical for those on a student visa, the fees for everyone else are usually higher.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Swado81,

The price what you've mentioned is indeed the correct one. Even I'm staying on a Long Term Visa and when I approached to get the Residence Card, I was told to pay the same amount, that you've mentioned, for the fees.

Regards

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Hi All,
I am in France now on a long stay VISA and just went to check into the OFII as I was told to do at the consulate in Sydney. I was told to check in and they will just ask me to pay a tax of 50 Euros.
I just got my letter from them saying that I need to go in for a medical and pay a fee of 241 Euros!!!
Is this normal, I can understand if it is but it is very different to what the consulate told me in Sydney...
My Long Sejour was done here in France rather than me being required to return to the USA. It cost me 340€. I was told that when I went to my OFII appointment, we would be required to pay an additional 240€. We are recently married as my wife is French and I am an American. Best of luck to you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.