Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my family and I recently received our 189 visas. The initial entry date is mid May 2017, as our police clearance and medicals expire then. Due to work committments here in South Africa, we would like to delay our entry by about two weeks and only enter Australia in the first week of June 2017.

We received a letter with our visas that intimated that one would not be turned away if one enters after the initial entry date given. However, it is not clear whether we would need to redo our medicals and police clearances.

I contacted the Australian embassy in South Africa and they were very unhelpful. I contacted a visa emigration agent who seems to think it won't be a problem but is not sure. I cannot contact the Australian emmigration department directly as they take 28 working days to reply to emails and we need an answer urgently.

Has anyone done this before and if so, were there any reprucussions?

Thanks in advance!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
736 Posts
Hi, my family and I recently received our 189 visas. The initial entry date is mid May 2017, as our police clearance and medicals expire then. Due to work committments here in South Africa, we would like to delay our entry by about two weeks and only enter Australia in the first week of June 2017.

We received a letter with our visas that intimated that one would not be turned away if one enters after the initial entry date given. However, it is not clear whether we would need to redo our medicals and police clearances.

I contacted the Australian embassy in South Africa and they were very unhelpful. I contacted a visa emigration agent who seems to think it won't be a problem but is not sure. I cannot contact the Australian emmigration department directly as they take 28 working days to reply to emails and we need an answer urgently.

Has anyone done this before and if so, were there any reprucussions?

Thanks in advance!
Extension is not possible.
Only thing that can be done is they can waive the initial entry condition in some scenrios e.g. pregnancy, kids exams etc.
I dont think they would do in your case which is due to work commitments.
It is sensitive matter and ones pr can be cancelled if they dont abide by inital entry date condition.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
216 Posts
I suggest do not take the risk. You can just fly to any australian city and go back the next day, if time is of essence to validate your PR visa.
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top