Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I would like to apologise if this question has already been answered in the past

My wife's British spouse visa is due to expire on the 20th of December 2017 and we are going to apply for extension in November

Can somebody please list out what's needed in terms of documents, is it the same as when we first applied?

Do we need to do anything different now?

Do we have to get all her documents translated again?

Thanks

·
Registered
39,123 Posts
There are a lot of threads on document list for FLR(M).
Basically, you have to meet the same financial and accommodation requirements. Plus evidence of cohabitation such as joint tenancy or mortgage, joint bank account, joint bills and official letters addressed jointly or separately. No photos, skype log, trips together etc needed.
Anything not in English must be professionally translated.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Joppa, do we need to translate documents again or can we use the translated documents from two years ago or do we have to translate everything again?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your answer Joppa, but do we need to translate all original documents again? Her birth certificate, marriage and everything else have been translated at the time of the first application. Do we need to do fresh translations or not?

Thanks

·
Registered
39,123 Posts
If you are using the same originals, existing translation can be reused. If anything has changed, you will need a new one.

·
Registered
77 Posts
i would say everything is pretty much same, except that you need prove for co-hab for the extension.

i kept the original certified translation copies of my doc last time and use it and its ok. my visa ended in 27 Dec 2017, I already applied on Tuesday and got it :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry to be a pain again guys

Can somebody please confirm if my understanding of this is correct

I have been advised by the home office to provide bills in terms of gas, water and council to prove that we have been living together for the last two years

Basically they said six documents are needed from three sources

We moved into a new property two and a half years ago and I included my wife's name on the gas bill right from September 2015, so this one will be fine as I can show joint bills for a period of over 2 years

With the other two I forgot to do this straight away, on the council bill her name only started appearing since July 2016, same goes for water. Will this be a problem?

Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Joppa,

Can you please help me with this?

I am unclear on on how many utility bills we need to have and do they all need to be in joint names?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
You need at least 6 items of joint correspondence from at least 3 different sources spread evenly over the past 2.5 year period (so gaps of no more than 5 months in correspondence). If you don't have 6 pieces of joint correspondence, you can substitute each of the 6 for one EACH addressed to the applicant and sponsor. They need to come from official sources such as government offices, GP surgeries, utilities companies, town council, bank, insurance providers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.