Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Just need some advice. My wife is on a 3 year visa from Pakistan and the visa expires at the end of January 2018. I was able to call my wife over with the carers allowance route in 2015 since then we have had a daughter who is now 15 months old... So I basically wanted to know what are the next steps I need to take to get my wife's visa extended further.

Thank you very much

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
You need to be earning at least £18,600 gross or have £62,500 in savings, or a combination of the two. You can't use tax credits towards income. If you can't meet financial requirement, and you have a child, they may allow her to stay on 10-year route to settlement.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You need to be earning at least £18,600 gross or have £62,500 in savings, or a combination of the two. You can't use tax credits towards income. If you can't meet financial requirement, and you have a child, they may allow her to stay on 10-year route to settlement.
If I was to go back on careers allowance would I be able to apply for settlement for my wife? or would it be an extended visa?

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
Settlement is after 5 years in UK, so it will be for a renewal - second period of 30 months. Yes, with carer's allowance, you need to meet the maintenance requirement, detailed in the second link.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Settlement is after 5 years in UK, so it will be for a renewal - second period of 30 months. Yes, with carer's allowance, you need to meet the maintenance requirement, detailed in the second link.
Okay thank you. Also my wife has a passed an English A1 test two years ago, would that help now or would she need to go for any other tests?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just a question or two... is there any websites that my missus could look at to revise for the A2 Test and where would she need to go to take the actual test?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Youtube. IELTS site + search on google.com.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Wanting to confirm it is the A2 test my wife needs for FLR before I confirm a test date? https://ibb.co/dZsG4F which is for a speaking and listening test?

and is it okay for me to apply for her application to extend stay in the UK straight after we get the test result or is it best to do it 28 days before the visa expires?

many thanks

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
Wanting to confirm it is the A2 test my wife needs for FLR before I confirm a test date? https://ibb.co/dZsG4F which is for a speaking and listening test?
Answered earlier in tge thread.

and is it okay for me to apply for her application to extend stay in the UK straight after we get the test result or is it best to do it 28 days before the visa expires?
See the sticky at the top of the home page.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dear Zobair23

Quick question for you, i've been following another thread of you, I think I am now in the same boat as you were,

My UK settlement visa has been refused due to missing 2 pieces of supporting documents, could you please advise as per follows:
1. Regarding to submitting additional docs to Tribunal centre, do I have to submit to them with all the previous documents including the additional docs that Entry Clearance Manager required after my application being refused? or just the additional docs with the refusal letter attached.
2. Do I have to submit with the original passports? or leave out the passport then wait for notice from the Entry Clearance Manager/ and later British consulate in my home country in order to re-submit the passport, once the decision has been granted.

Could you please advise as per above?

Thank you,
All the best ,Cx

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.