Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Joppa

Thanks for all your replies.

Please help me if the case as follows will there be any problem of visa.

June to May my salary in Hong Kong and UK total say pound(19000) 12months in total say 8 months earnings in Hong Kong and 4 months earning in UK is this ok?

Reach UK say in March either me or my spouse get a full time Job of minimum 18600 per year (just 3 months payslips for (from March To May) for application to extend in UK in June (spouse visa expiring on end of July 2018 .

Will this meet the financial requirement under Cat B since we will only be in UK for for only 3 months prior to application(so my spouse will only be in UK for abt 3 months total after being issued a 33 months visa
Will this be ok or they might cause a problem to extend. Since I can receive all my bonuses in Hong Kong before I leave to UK

Thanks once again

·
Registered
7,592 Posts
You won't be able to use the Hong Kong income to apply for FLR(M) visa.

The initial visa was issued for both you and spouse to live and work in the UK.

In addition, having only been in the UK for three months of the initial 33 month visa, not sure that you are going to qualify for the extention anyway.

You asked the same question earlier this year and was told that you may be able to extend but probably would need to re-apply for new visa.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Thanks for your reply . I think there is a mistake I have not asked the same question early this year.I have only started thread in late June 2017.

Iam abit confused on the financial requirment as follows:I thought in the UK or Overseas both can be counted in CAT B as per the below paragraph but Iam still not sure also about like final 4 months in UK on 33 months spouse visa will there be problem to extend I cant find any iformation on it.
If HK income is not calculated than problem also .Hard decision to make or I should reapply my spouse visa from HK but Iam afraid they may ask also give problem as last time why I did not settle

CAT B less than 6 months with the current employer or variable income

5.3.9.Second, the person must in addition have received in the 12 months prior to the date of
application the level of income required to meet the financial requirement, based on: The gross amount of salaried or nonsalaried employment income of the applicant’s partner (in the UK or overseas) and/or the applicant (if they are in the UK with permission to work)

Thanks for any advice

·
Registered
7,592 Posts
Are you applying for a new initial visa or as your post says for application to extend in UK in June (spouse visa expiring on end of July 2018. (FLR/M). ?

Your wife already has a visa but you left the UK and have been living in Hong Kong for the majority of the time of the visa.

The financial requirements are different for the two scenarios.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,

Thanks for your reply

I need to extend my spouse visa in July before it expires .I mean the scenerio for this way.But the extract from my previous post is from people residing in UK already

Regrding to repply in Hong Kong for a new intial visa I know the scenerio and requirements as I have done it before.

Thank for your help

·
Registered
7,592 Posts
Please confirm that the following understanding is correct

- your wife obtained a spouse visa which is coming up for renewal in June 2018

- you entered the UK to validate the visa, but then left for Hong Kong and you have lived there ever since

- prior to your visa expiring in June 2018 you will apply for the FLR(M)visa (further leave to remain)

- you are intending to return to the UK in March 2018, to obtain employment

- for the FLR(M) visa you wish to use income primarily earned in Hong Kong and only three months of income from the UK (March to May 2018).

I ask this question (again) as you keep quoting the rules for meeting the financial requirements for an initial spouse visa. There is no Cat A or B for an FLR visa.

-

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi,

What you metioned is correct I totally understand

I want to extend the visa from UK to add months all over again but from UK not to renew for another 2.5 years which off course I wont be allowed to since I never completed the intial stay period.

For clarification please go through if possible by conversation with Joppa in UK spouse visa extend or renew.

Sorry for the confusion caused to you

Thanks

·
Registered
315 Posts
I ask this question (again) as you keep quoting the rules for meeting the financial requirements for an initial spouse visa. There is no Cat A or B for an FLR visa.
This isn't true, Cat A or B still apply for FLR(M) and indeed SET(M). I believe the question here is whether money earned abroad can be counted towards renewal, which then beckons the question why apply for the visa in the first place if you're not actually going to live in the UK?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for your reply.
Due to circumstances I had to apply my wife's visa with my daughter who was reaching the age of 18 at that time ..My daughter was issued ILR visa and my wife on 33 month visa but now we will go back to UK to settle there for good .If not for my daughter case I would not have applied at that time as we were not ready to settle at that time.

thanks

·
Registered
315 Posts
Keep in mind that ILR can expire if you've spent more than 2 years out of the UK, that's something you'll want to check. In terms of whether you'll be granted renewal, I don't know, and it sounds like more experienced members are unsure as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.