Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All
Me (Primary applicant) & Wife (Secondary applicant) got our grant last week.
Now my wife is pregnant which we notified to case officer too before grant (Medicals were completed before confirming pregnancy, so it didn't affect grant). Currently my wife is in third trimester and doctor asked us not to travel due to health condition.
Our Initial entry date is ending in the same month of pregnancy due date (2-3 weeks after).

As a primary applicant I can travel now and get my visa activated. Will it be possible to seek extension / Waiver for Secondary applicant Initial Entry Date ? Your previous experiences will help me in this. Thanks

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hello All
Me (Primary applicant) & Wife (Secondary applicant) got our grant last week.
Now my wife is pregnant which we notified to case officer too before grant (Medicals were completed before confirming pregnancy, so it didn't affect grant). Currently my wife is in third trimester and doctor asked us not to travel due to health condition.
Our Initial entry date is ending in the same month of pregnancy due date (2-3 weeks after).

As a primary applicant I can travel now and get my visa activated. Will it be possible to seek extension / Waiver for Secondary applicant Initial Entry Date ? Your previous experiences will help me in this. Thanks
You will be granted IED waiver, just drop them an email to the same where you got your grant notification from.

Suggestion: If it is not VERY risky (last stages) and your wife can travel, then travel early and have your baby there who will be born Australian citizen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts