Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I am granted 190 visa today (September 12) and the stated Initial Entry Date (IED) is October 11 (less than a month). This puts me in a predicament. I'm currently enrolled in a Masters program and my finals will conclude next week. However, I have to submit and defend a thesis that will take place after a month. So, the only option that I have is either to validate the visa and return to complete the thesis or extend the IED. Is it a good reason to ask for extension? Are there any cases where they have extended IED for such reason?
Thanks

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hello all,

I am granted 190 visa today (September 12) and the stated Initial Entry Date (IED) is October 11 (less than a month). This puts me in a predicament. I'm currently enrolled in a Masters program and my finals will conclude next week. However, I have to submit and defend a thesis that will take place after a month. So, the only option that I have is either to validate the visa and return to complete the thesis or extend the IED. Is it a good reason to ask for extension? Are there any cases where they have extended IED for such reason?

Thanks

As far as I know, this date can't be changed, I think the same is even mentioned in the grant letter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hello all,
Thanks
There is no extension but it can be waived off take a look at this thread:

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...2-initial-entry-date-waiver.html#post12875626

·
Registered
211 Posts
Give a Try

No harm trying bfr deciding...

A couple of ppl have reported that their IED was waived off.

You can put an email asap to the CO who sent u the grant explaining your situation...

You might be surprised - if Im not wrong...

Gd Luck

·
Registered
93 Posts
Sorry i dont have an answer for your question but may I ask why is the IED only one month away? What basis do they decide it?

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts