Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello.guide me that what products or goods i can export from china to france.what products or goods are very profitable in france which i can export from china to france.regards Fahad Saeed.

·
Administrator
49,852 Posts
I'm not sure we've got anyone here who is going to be able to help you. There are lots of products already being imported to France from China - but these are mostly cheap fungible goods - t-shirts, bras (for some reason there was a big conflict about these a couple years back), other articles of clothing.

The French tend to like "genuine" goods, and when they buy Chinese, it's normally for the low prices. But the French are also proud of paying more for "designer" goods or luxury brands. They tend to mistrust Chinese goods because of the tales of Chinese "tourists" asking people to buy articles for them at the fancy designer shops in Paris (Louis Vuitton, Chanel, etc.). Apparently, they buy designer goods to take back to China to make cheap knock-off versions (at least that's what my Chinese friend tells me).
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello.thanks for your reply.one thing more I have to ask to you that does the desighner garments have copy rights or every one can make copies of designer goods .is this possible.regards fahad

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello.thanks for your reply.one thing more I have to ask to you that does the desighner garments have copy rights or every one can make copies of designer goods .is this possible.regards fahad
Hello Fahad,

Usually the designer garments have copyrights and the french authorities tend to be quite severe on that. The french authorities don't hesitate to label it conterfeit and define it as "reproduction, use, affixing or imitation of a brand identical or similar to the one named in the record, without the permission of the owner or beneficiary of the exclusive right of exploitation"

you can look on the "douanes" website, page.asp?id=498

You can get a fine for that, up to 500 000 euros, and the goods will also be seized.
However there is such a big quantity of goods coming for foreign countries and especially china, that the custom check are rare.

You can contact me on private message if you want as I have a friend working in this field.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.