Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello:

I am planning on moving to Sevilla from the US later in 2014, and am making an exploratory trip in three weeks in order to explore and price some specific aspects of "life infrastructure." To that end, I have some questions that I hope can be addressed by people on this forum:

1. I will be bringing my dog (4-yr old Black Lab), and as part of this exploratory trip, I would like to visit veterinarians. Is anyone aware of good, English-speaking veterinary practices located near the city center? Also, what have been people's experience with dog health insurance in Spain?

2. Any suggestions on gyms/health clubs near the city center? I'm looking for someplace that has a casual, welcoming atmosphere, is gay-friendly, and not exceedingly crowded; any ideas on gyms I should visit, along with estimated monthly fees?

3. Although I am currently taking Spanish classes stateside, I would like to continue studying in Sevilla. What are the reputable Spanish language schools with classes for Adults?

This is only the first exploratory trip, and I expect to make at least two more before actually moving, but I'd like each trip to focus on increasingly specific elements. Many thanks for the assistance!

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I live just outside of Seville but I'm afraid I won't be of much help to you with your enquiries. But I'll give it a go.

1. About vets: There isn't much of an English speaking expat community in Seville and I don't know of any vets who cater to English speakers. Maybe the US consulate could point you toward one? I can say that in general I have found vet care to be good here. And also quite cheap. Our vet charges 30€ for an office visit and 10€ for any follow-up visit. We don't have insurance (I don't know of any?) so I can't comment on that. But I do know that our vet offers his own insurance where we could pay a set amount a year and that would cover all office visits and give us a discount on any procedures done.

2. About gyms/health clubs: The two big ones in Seville are Sato Sport and Gali Sport. Prices vary depending on what you sign up for. They have websites you can check out. I have no idea if they are gay friendly. (I have to wonder why anyone would know or care that you're gay while you're sweating on a treadmill or swimming laps? But I'm probably terribly naive when it comes to this. I can say that Spaniards are very accepting of gays.) Recently a lot of "low cost" gyms/health clubs have popped up, if you're interested in more of a streamlined, basic club. Lowfit and Fitness 19 come to mind. You can google them.

3. I can't help you with Spanish classes. Again, maybe the consulate can help you out.

Sorry I can't help more. Good luck with your fact finding mission!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts