Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I received an invitation to lodge an application for a 189 visa a while back. In recent weeks a number of circumstances have changed and I have not been able to submit the visa. I recently received a notification informing me that my current invitation is about to expire.....

My question is, if the invitation expires what are my options with regarding to applying again in the future? Will I have to submit another EOI? Am i even able to submit another application?

Any advice would be great.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
It will have no impact on your ability to apply again in the future. If you don't plan to migrate any time soon, I'd suggest to suspend the EOI, otherwise you'll probably just get anew invite after this one expires.

If you want to apply for a visa again a year down the road, you will follow the procedures that are in place by then. EOIs are removed automatically after 2 years, so you might have to submit a new one by then... or just re-activate and update your current one, depending on the time frame. If your IELTS/skills assessment has expired, you will have to go through that again too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts