Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am posting this query on behalf of my friend who got PR (visa 190 - NSW) last year. He spent few months in Sydney and now is back to his home country.

At the time of filing his own visa, he didn't include his family due to personal reasons. Now, he is looking for an option to take his wife/kids and mother as well with him.

As per process, he will have to sponsor his wife/kids which is fine. However, can his wife include his mother in the visa application? Is it allowed? Are there any obligations or rejection chances in such case.

Note: He's the only son of his mother and she is solely dependent on him as his father has already passed away.

Please suggest the available options for him to make it happen OR should he consult with agents to get proper advice if this is not straight forward case?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi,

I am posting this query on behalf of my friend who got PR (visa 190 - NSW) last year. He spent few months in Sydney and now is back to his home country.

At the time of filing his own visa, he didn't include his family due to personal reasons. Now, he is looking for an option to take his wife/kids and mother as well with him.

As per process, he will have to sponsor his wife/kids which is fine. However, can his wife include his mother in the visa application? Is it allowed? Are there any obligations or rejection chances in such case.

Note: He's the only son of his mother and she is solely dependent on him as his father has already passed away.

Please suggest the available options for him to make it happen OR should he consult with agents to get proper advice if this is not straight forward case?
Hi

He should have added them all with his initial application. Since he has activated his PR so yes he can include his wife /kids however he HAS to meet the USUAL resident clause. It can be waived out as per Pakistani High Commission; as website states that the SPONSOR need not to be in Australia at the time of application

Anyways, for the mother , I believe it will very difficult as then she has to be a dependent of the wife not husband (her son)

There are certain strict criteria to establish that a relative is dependent on PR holder.

This evidence includes:

a certified copy of their birth certificate and proof of their relationship to you
documents showing that the relative lives in your household
documents showing that your relative has been dependent on you for at least the 12 months immediately before you lodge your application.

Your family member will be considered dependent if ALL of the following apply:

they do not have a spouse or de facto partner
they usually live with you
they are wholly or substantially reliant on your financial support for their basic living needs (food, shelter and clothing)
they are more reliant on you for support than on any other person or source
they have relied on you for at least the 12 months immediately before you lodge your application.

I would suggest to get expert opinion from MARA agent based in Australia for including the mother only. Please note that agents in Pakistan are just a rip off as although they would have reference of a MARA agent on their portfolio but you case will 95% be handled by some local college graduate.

Reactions: athar.dcsian

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the prompt response.

He should have added them all with his initial application. Since he has activated his PR so yes he can include his wife /kids however he HAS to meet the USUAL resident clause. It can be waived out as per Pakistani High Commission; as website states that the SPONSOR need not to be in Australia at the time of application.
I couldn't get it completely. Currently, he's working in Dubai. Can his wife file the visa application and mention him as sponsor OR he must be in Australia when she does so?

There are certain strict criteria to establish that a relative is dependent on PR holder.

This evidence includes:

a certified copy of their birth certificate and proof of their relationship to you
documents showing that the relative lives in your household
documents showing that your relative has been dependent on you for at least the 12 months immediately before you lodge your application.

Your family member will be considered dependent if ALL of the following apply:

they do not have a spouse or de facto partner
they usually live with you
they are wholly or substantially reliant on your financial support for their basic living needs (food, shelter and clothing)
they are more reliant on you for support than on any other person or source
they have relied on you for at least the 12 months immediately before you lodge your application.
Yes ALL above condition he can easily prove if HE's considered as dependent not his wife ... but how in case of WIFE :confused2:

I would suggest to get expert opinion from MARA agent based in Australia for including the mother only. Please note that agents in Pakistan are just a rip off as although they would have reference of a MARA agent on their portfolio but you case will 95% be handled by some local college graduate
I totally agree with you. Do you know any reputable MARA agent in Dubai as it would be easy for him to contact here?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thanks for the prompt response.

I couldn't get it completely. Currently, he's working in Dubai. Can his wife file the visa application and mention him as sponsor OR he must be in Australia when she does so?

Yes ALL above condition he can easily prove if HE's considered as dependent not his wife ... but how in case of WIFE :confused2:

I totally agree with you. Do you know any reputable MARA agent in Dubai as it would be easy for him to contact here?
Are they living in Dubai together ? if yes, then the case will be processed in Dubai Embassy.
If the wife is in Pakistan, then it is going to be Islamabad High Commission. I have seen people who got the 309 grant with SPONSOR moving to Australia but its a gamble of ~ $7000 so I suggest to play safe.

I myself have filed my wife's 309 in Jun and heading to Australia by October in order to satisfy the Usual resident clause. CO takes about 6 ~ 7 months to get assigned, by that time I will rent a place , some day to day bills, bank statements and hopefully a job.

See, if he lives in Dubai and his mother is in Pakistan, then he even can not prove that they live in the same household. They are very strict on this rule.
There is one way of getting your parents there with contributory parent visa costs $40,000+ each.

I have lived in UAE, the agents there are only interested in money and arranging fancy seminars. I still suggest to search forums to get a name of a reputable MARA agent based in Dubai, if there is any.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts