Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I am planning to go ahead with Subclass 190 visa after positive evaluation from Opulentus consultancy in Hyderabad

My details:

Age- 28 years - 30 Points eligible
Qualification - B.Tech Mechanical - 15 Points eligible
Experience - 5 years 8 months - Software development engineer in test - 0 points eligible

below are the comments they mentioned in the report -

"Please note, only employment completed after the date the applicant has met the ACS requirements will be counted as skilled employment Minimal points awarded, as points can be claimed only to employment completed after the date the applicant has meet the ACS requirement.6+ years of relevant work experience considered from Sept 2009 -Till date,6 years is the minimum requirement"

Sponsorship - 5 Points required

English language - 10 points required

Skill Assessment fee AUD 500 Payable to ACS..

SO guys, please help me understand

based on my qualification and experience is it possible to get a positive assesment from ACS or do i need to go through RPL

and also is my experience enough to go ahead with the skills assessment.

Thanks for the support guys !

Regards,
Sudheer

·
Registered
550 Posts
Hi,
Most probably you will need RPL.

With band 7 each in IELTS you can get 10 points plus state sponsorship will get you another 5 to make 60 points.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply arohi!, can you also pls suggest if my experience of 5.8 years is sufficient to go ahead with the assessment.

Regards,
Sudheer

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
That consultancy is misleading you. With 5.8 years of experience and a non-IT degree, you won't get a positive assessment from ACS. Download and study the Skills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants.pdf from ACS website. B.Tech Mechanical is not an ICT degree and thus calls for an RPL application and requires minimum 6 years of professional work experience.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts