Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was not sure where to go to for some advice, and came here seeing if this would open some doors for me. I am a young experienced Chef De Partie currently working as the head pastry chef for a small bakery that is expanding and was rewarded with plenty of credible awards.

I am planning to relocate in the UK to be with my boyfriend, who is a citizen, and plan to become one as well. He and I have decided to take the working visa approach due to finances and to further my career alongside his.

Is there any suggestions or information that would help steer me in that direction?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
39,247 Posts
I was not sure where to go to for some advice, and came here seeing if this would open some doors for me. I am a young experienced Chef De Partie currently working as the head pastry chef for a small bakery that is expanding and was rewarded with plenty of credible awards.

I am planning to relocate in the UK to be with my boyfriend, who is a citizen, and plan to become one as well. He and I have decided to take the working visa approach due to finances and to further my career alongside his.

Is there any suggestions or information that would help steer me in that direction?
To be eligible for a job under the shortage occupation list, you must meet the following qualification:
Chefs, cooks (5434) skilled chef where the pay is at least £8.45 per hour after deductions for accommodation, meals etc; and, the job requires three or more years relevant experience.
If you think you meet the requirements, you just have to find am employer wanting your services and is or will become a registered sponsor for visa purposes. The job doesn't have to be advertised and doesn't have to pass resident labour market test.

Another possibility is to come with a settlement visa, either as a fiancé or as spouse. After you are married and with a settlement visa, you are allowed to work in any field and no permit is required.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.