Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I am applying for visa 189. In my EOI I scored 65 points based on job experience of more than 8 years. The problem is that I have a letter from my assessing authority AIMS states that I have 6 years and 4 months because there was some work experience I did not include in that assessment but included in the EOI. The question is that : should I upload the new documents in the visa application without getting a reassessment from AIMS (it coasts a fortune and I am short of money) or is it dangerous to do so?

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

REFER to my following post to understand how to update this in your EOI/VISA application.

THIS is pertaining to Skills Assessing Body ACS for ICT applicants BUT this logic applies everywhere.

IF you aren't going by ACS outcome, then you are over-claiming points for your experience. Visa filing with over-claimed points has serious consequences.

Over-claiming DIRECTLY results in VISA REFUSAL and NO REFUND.

REF: EOI Update to Avoid Over-claiming of Points | Visa-Refusal IF Over-claimed Points

I am applying for visa 189. In my EOI I scored 65 points based on job experience of more than 8 years. The problem is that I have a letter from my assessing authority AIMS states that I have 6 years and 4 months because there was some work experience I did not include in that assessment but included in the EOI. The question is that : should I upload the new documents in the visa application without getting a reassessment from AIMS (it coasts a fortune and I am short of money) or is it dangerous to do so?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts