Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have applied for skill assessment and hold slighlty less than 3 year of experience.
But untill skill assessment result will come, my experience will become 3 years.

Now I need to claim 3 year experince points for Visa.

I hope that applying for skill assessment before actually having 3 year work experince will not create any issue at the time claiming 3 years experience for visa application??

·
Registered
881 Posts
Which is ur skill acssessing agency?
I feel that min 4 yrs of exp is also required for any skilled PR visa, which visa u intend to apply?

I have applied for skill assessment and hold slighlty less than 3 year of experience.
But untill skill assessment result will come, my experience will become 3 years.

I hope that applying for skill assessment before actually having 3 year work experince will not create any issue at the time claiming 3 years experience for visa application??

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well! 4 year is not required.
you get 10 points if you have 3 years exp in the concerned field out of last 4 years.

and my skill assessment will be done by Engineers Australia.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Following is the description for 'Specific work experience':
My nominated occupation is worth 60 points and I have worked in my nominated occupation for at least the past three out of four years (10 points)

·
Registered
881 Posts
3 out of 4 means that u should have 4 years of experience as total and within it atleast 3 Yrs should be the specific work experience.
Following is the description for 'Specific work experience':
My nominated occupation is worth 60 points and I have worked in my nominated occupation for at least the past three out of four years (10 points)

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:) no.

it means that you need to have 3 years experience. period.

now, if you had 1 year experience to start with and then you took 2 years break and then had 2 years experience, you can not combine your experience and claim points for 3 year experience.

because you are having 3 year exp out of last 5 years and not out of 4 years.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Nice to know, I clicked on ur THANKS button :D
:) no.

it means that you need to have 3 years experience. period.

now, if you had 1 year experience to start with and then you took 2 years break and then had 2 years experience, you can not combine your experience and claim points for 3 year experience.

because you are having 3 year exp out of last 5 years and not out of 4 years.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Quick one, why are you referring DIAC information, when you should be referring "Engineers Australia" guide ?

Without "Engineers Australia" assessment DIAC information doesn't hold good.
Please make sure you meed "Engineers Australia" specification guide.

Eg http://www.acs.org.au/assessment/docs/PASAGuidelinesforApplicants.doc

Rackspace, which PASA group have you applied under?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have read Engineers Australia guide.
There is no requriement of experience.
Even if you have one year experience you can get assessment.

I am not sure what is PASA group?

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have no idea about "Engineers Australia" assessment, all the best mate.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Hi Rockspace,

I am also in the same category. I think it will not be an issue, because for visa you should have +ive skill assesment and 3 years of exp. So you can have skill assesment now and can apply for visa after completion of 3 years of experience.

This is what i think, because i'm doing the same.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I have read Engineers Australia guide.
There is no requriement of experience.
Even if you have one year experience you can get assessment.

I am not sure what is PASA group?
There is a requirement for work experience by EngAus.

Unless you have studied an Australian engineering degree, or a degree from the signatory countries of the Washington Accord (Canada, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, South Africa, UK, USA, Australia), your degree is considered as "non-accredited" by EngineersAustralia.

For non-accredited degrees, you will need to prepare a Competency Demonstration Report (CDR). The details for a CDR can be found in:

1. Summary Statement for Professional Engineer

2. Application form for Competency Demonstration Report Migration Assessment

3. Skilled Migration Assessment Booklet

Pay particular attention to Secion 3 of the booklet; it says that a CDR must report 3 career episodes.

Also, EngAus will need an IELTS TRF with a minimum of 6 in each module to issue a positive skills assessment. It doesnt matter whether you give them an academic or general IELTS result.

P.S. "PASA" stands for Pre-Application Skills Assessment.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Hi Rockspace,

I am also in the same category. I think it will not be an issue, because for visa you should have +ive skill assesment and 3 years of exp. So you can have skill assesment now and can apply for visa after completion of 3 years of experience.

This is what i think, because i'm doing the same.
The Skills assessment is valid for 12 months usually.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The Skills assessment is valid for 12 months usually.
Thanks Twister for your reply.
Currently my exp. is 2.10. So I am applying for Skill assessment. By the time result will come my exp will be 3 years.

For filing the assessment I am facing problem in statuary declaration for my work experience. Because there are lot of things mentioned in the PASA guide such as:

"a reference from your colleague who occupies or has occupied a higher position than you"

I will appreciate if you can suggest how to go for statuary declaration. or any particular format for this?

·
Registered
716 Posts
Statutory declarations vary from one jurisdiction to another...check with someone familiar with Indian law about making a stat declaration in India...it is a fairly straightforward process usually...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Statutory declarations vary from one jurisdiction to another...check with someone familiar with Indian law about making a stat declaration in India...it is a fairly straightforward process usually...
Thanks Twister.
Can you suggest from where I can get any sample for this. I have tried on internet but did not find anything useful.

Or if Any one in this forum can provide the sample documents for work experience, that will be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
127 Posts

Hi Rackspace,

I am into the same situtation now. I hope you have figured this out by now.

Can you please throw some light on this ??

·
Registered
179 Posts
Can anyone make me clear regarding Vetassess Online process?
1. online application Submission with payment.
2. then?????? If positive result then Certified copies of documents to Vetassess here again I have to pay any fee?
Am so confuse can anyone help me

1 - 18 of 18 Posts