Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,
Can you guys please help me with info on EOI thing.
Scenario:
Lets say I will complete 10 years of IT experience in Sep but I decide to go for ACS assessment in June itself , so It will be 2 month less than 10 years assuming ACS completes assessment in July and it deducts 2 years for ICT major.
Now my question is how much experience I can log in EOI while submitting it....i read somewhere that the day EOI is submitted or ACS skills are assessed whichever is earlier experience will be considered up to that point.
So In this case can I claim full 10 years for points while applying VISA or what exactly to do in EOI to leave 'from date' in current employment blank (if any such option is there) or update it later or EOI doest it automatically ...will i need to show new reference letter with new dates while applying or can give salary slip to prove that I continued in the same job and therefore can claim points.
Thanks a lot.
Can somebody throw some light on this EOI process....plzzzz.thnx!!

·
Registered
25,724 Posts
Hi Folks,
Can you guys please help me with info on EOI thing.
Scenario:
Lets say I will complete 10 years of IT experience in Sep but I decide to go for ACS assessment in June itself , so It will be 2 month less than 10 years assuming ACS completes assessment in July and it deducts 2 years for ICT major.
Now my question is how much experience I can log in EOI while submitting it....i read somewhere that the day EOI is submitted or ACS skills are assessed whichever is earlier experience will be considered up to that point.
So In this case can I claim full 10 years for points while applying VISA or what exactly to do in EOI to leave 'from date' in current employment blank (if any such option is there) or update it later or EOI doest it automatically ...will i need to show new reference letter with new dates while applying or can give salary slip to prove that I continued in the same job and therefore can claim points.
Thanks a lot.
Can somebody throw some light on this EOI process....plzzzz.thnx!!
If you are continuing in the same job in the same company with the same designation in which you got your self assessed by ACS, then while filling the entry for the current job you will leave the "To date" Blank

You will not get the points for 10 years experience immediately, but the system will keep adding days to your experience and on the day you have 10 years, it will increase your points.

As long as you continue in the same job and designation, your payslips after the ACS assessment date will be sufficient to convince the CO that you are eligible for the experience.
In case he specifically requests, get a new reference letter and submit it to the CO, but in most cases it is not required unless its a long period since you were last assessed

Cheers

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks a lot for info!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.