Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

I received an invitation on 12/07/17 at 75 points. However I have a small query before I apply for Visa.

I have been part of a company for the last 10 years, been in India and Australia in this duration.I moved back to India on May 1st 2011 and Returned to Australia on 26th April 2014.

But as per ACS, since we mention only months, it shows as 3 years which gave me 5 points(overseas experience).

Is it that the 3 years overseas experience means 365 * 3 days in total. My query is that whether this difference of days will be have any impact.

·
Registered
23,933 Posts
Dear All,

I received an invitation on 12/07/17 at 75 points. However I have a small query before I apply for Visa.

I have been part of a company for the last 10 years, been in India and Australia in this duration.I moved back to India on May 1st 2011 and Returned to Australia on 26th April 2014.

But as per ACS, since we mention only months, it shows as 3 years which gave me 5 points(overseas experience).

Is it that the 3 years overseas experience means 365 * 3 days in total. My query is that whether this difference of days will be have any impact.
ACS may be calculating by months, but when you submitted your EOI, you are supposed to give the exact dates in DDMMYYYY format as per your salary slips etc.and then the system calculates your points automatically

As long as you have given the correct dates after deducting the experience disallowed by ACS, if any, then you are safe

Recheck the dates that you have given in the EOI

Cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts