Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Just starting my immi proces, should get my IELTS scores this week.

I'd like to know how old an experience letter can be when submitting it to ACS/Vetassess? Is there any requirement that the letter cannot be older than 1/2/3/X months/years?

I need to arrange experience letters from 6 different employers from 4 different countries which could take time. I want to make sure that the experience letter given the earliest (can get one in as soon as a few days) is still relevant/valid by the time I get my last experience letter (may take upto 1 to 2 months).

I couldn't find this information anywhere. Will appreciate any help.

Thanks a ton,
Vee

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hi Guys,

I'd like to know how old an experience letter can be when submitting it to ACS/Vetassess? Is there any requirement that the letter cannot be older than 1/2/3/X months/years?

I need to arrange experience letters from 6 different employers from 4 different countries which could take time. I want to make sure that the experience letter given the earliest (can get one in as soon as a few days) is still relevant/valid by the time I get my last experience letter (may take upto 1 to 2 months).

Thanks a ton,
Vee
Not sure about ACS, but VETASSESS doesn't have validity for experience letters; as far as I know. I used more than 3 month old letters for a positive assessment from VETASSSESS.

Having said so, using recent letters should be the preferred choice. Use your best judgement.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Parth. Indeed I am trying to use my best judgement, but also wanted to know if there were any specific rules.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Hi Guys,

Thanks a ton,
Vee

work experience letters are valid, once you left a particular org, and provided with W.E/SL ,thats valid even after 10 years.

But reference letter , should be as earliest as possible for current company and it doesn't matter for older companies ,if they are issued on later dates i.e dates after your departure from that company.

Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts