Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Friends,

I needed some help to understand the below situation with my experience calculation.

I had an experience letter from my Employer 1, for experience from Jan 2007 till November 2016.

I submitted for ACS assessment with above years of Experience in May 2017 (as i couldn't manage to get a new experience certificate from my employer, during my resignation period: Last working day with Employer 1 April 14th 2017).

I got ACS positive assessment on 13th June, where they deducted my 4 years of experience.

Now i have got updated letter from my Employer 1 till my last working date of April 2017, so should i resubmit for ACS assessment or can add these new dates to the already submitted EOI with 65 points and mark it as relevant for points??

Also how about 3 months of experience with Employer 2 (with different role/title, but similar responsibilities as previous), does this needs to go through ACS Assessment again??

Thanks

Experience: 5 points
Degree: 15 points
English PTE A - 90 |90 |82 | 89 - 20 points
Total: 65 points
EOI Submitted 21st June 2017.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Hi Friends,

I needed some help to understand the below situation with my experience calculation.

I had an experience letter from my Employer 1, for experience from Jan 2007 till November 2016.

I submitted for ACS assessment with above years of Experience in May 2017 (as i couldn't manage to get a new experience certificate from my employer, during my resignation period: Last working day with Employer 1 April 14th 2017).

I got ACS positive assessment on 13th June, where they deducted my 4 years of experience.

Now i have got updated letter from my Employer 1 till my last working date of April 2017, so should i resubmit for ACS assessment or can add these new dates to the already submitted EOI with 65 points and mark it as relevant for points??

Also how about 3 months of experience with Employer 2 (with different role/title, but similar responsibilities as previous), does this needs to go through ACS Assessment again??

Thanks

Experience: 5 points
Degree: 15 points
English PTE A - 90 |90 |82 | 89 - 20 points
Total: 65 points
EOI Submitted 21st June 2017.

Not sure about Employer 2 situation, but yes you can just edit and add End Date of Employer 1 as 1 April 2017. This one doesn't need to be assessed again unless ACS Letter mentions beyond 1 April 2017, then I am not sure. Better ask others then.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the response.

The ACS assessment is only till the first letter i had, which is till November 2016.
My confusion was, as i received ACS assessment in June 2017 (but with old experience letter Valid till Nov 2016), so will it be still fine me adding the experience directly to EOI from Dec 2016 to April 2017??. I see logically it makes sense and also your response is aligned with that.

On Employer 2, i think will need a reassessment, but if i add above mentioned experience then i will have 70 points already, so thinking may be can wait for couple of months to see if invite come in, or can spend 500 bucks fr reassessment. Again if experts here can share their views on this??

·
Registered
23,937 Posts
Thanks for the response.

The ACS assessment is only till the first letter i had, which is till November 2016.
My confusion was, as i received ACS assessment in June 2017 (but with old experience letter Valid till Nov 2016), so will it be still fine me adding the experience directly to EOI from Dec 2016 to April 2017??. I see logically it makes sense and also your response is aligned with that.

On Employer 2, i think will need a reassessment, but if i add above mentioned experience then i will have 70 points already, so thinking may be can wait for couple of months to see if invite come in, or can spend 500 bucks fr reassessment. Again if experts here can share their views on this??
1. No action required. You can Claim points till the last day you worked in th company
2. To claim points you would need to get reassessed as there is a change of company and designation

Cheers

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Thanks for the response.

If you are in the same job role which was assessed, you can claim points as long as you are in the same job after getting assessed. So, Employer 1 is fine to claim points after Nov 2016 till the day you resigned.

I don't know much about Employer 2 situation so can't help.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys for the quick and helpful comments, i just updated my EOI accordingly.

Also some other related questions:
1. Does it makes sense to wait for couple of months, before getting Employer 2 experience assessed, as this can give me 5 points for Australian work exp ??
2. Should i enter the employer 2 work exp in EOI, but not claim points, to showcase the continuity in job??
3. With 70 points for Analyst programmer, when can i expect an invite??

·
Registered
23,937 Posts
Thanks guys for the quick and helpful comments, i just updated my EOI accordingly.

Also some other related questions:
1. Does it makes sense to wait for couple of months, before getting Employer 2 experience assessed, as this can give me 5 points for Australian work exp ??
2. Should i enter the employer 2 work exp in EOI, but not claim points, to showcase the continuity in job??
3. With 70 points for Analyst programmer, when can i expect an invite??
1. Assessment takes time.
You don't have to wait to complete the full year before getting assessed if you plan to continue in the same company role designation location etc.

2. You have to enter the employer 2 in the EOI right now and mark it as non relevant
You have to enter all employment details including current. It's not a choice.
Once you have got yourself assessed, mark it as relevant

3. Wait for the results of the 1st Round to be published

Cheers

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok got you, thanks for the prompt response again :)

And yeah the first round results and occupation ceiling are taking too long to be published, as in couple of days there will be second round.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts