Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

This is my first and hopefully not last post to the site. After deliberating for the past 18 months we have decided that we are ready to take the plunge and move to Oz, as long as they will take us of course!

I have been talking with a guy called Darryl Todd who is the MD of thinkingaustralia

We discussed my situation - I am 28 years old and have worked since leaving school, I do not have what are considered the pro qualifications on the key skills list, but have a lot of experience in the construction industry and successfully run a Ltd company here in the UK. I have a wife who is 25 and is a home-maker currently for our two young girls (2 1/2 and 1 years old).

He seems really confident that with a professional CV written up - I dont mind paying for this of course - his company will find me a sponsor. The charge for this service is £600 payable upfront (£500 of which is deducted from his final bill aprox £2500).

He seems to have good reviews, but as with anything there are also some bad, noteably he doesn't seem to be MARA registered, but it sounds like he talks the talk to get the job done.

He offers a Job Finder Plus package which essentially does the hard work of recruiting me to prospective employers in Australia, before I then have a telephone interview etc.

All sounds great on paper, £600 is alot to pay up front though with no real guarantees other than his personal one. Are there any other ways of me finding a sponsor or potential employer myself or am I right to get an agent to do it?

Any info or personal experiences would be great and really helpful. We're close to pushing the button and finding the money from somewhere but just need some kind of assurances we stand a chance!

Thanks for reading

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah this seems to be the case, I just asked the guy direct and got the following response:

Luke,, good question:

There are 4500 Registered Migration Agents, which one do you choose… As with all companies they are NOT registered, it the Agent who works the file… In our case we do not use an Agent number to then use ‘ kids ‘ / other to work files to then sign off… If you were to choose our company you would be appointed an Agent, and this Agent deals with your file. We have 7 Agents who work with us / for us/ contract to us on demand, in your case you are NOT required to use an Agent under the JOB Visa route, but we appoint an Agent to you anyway, it then the Agent’s responsibility to ensure your file is in accordance with Migration to Employer…

JOBFINDER plus service is part step to Migration, it does not require an Agent at the outset, but once a JOB offer is secured the Agent will do the work. The Agent we use to do most of the 457 Visas, ( not always ) is Helen, she 10 year experienced… If you were to join us then she would most likely be your appointed Agent…

Every company is MARA associated, can’t operate if not, we been in business now for 15 years, so we fine… But appreciate your enquiry, here if you should need us, and no ‘ offence ‘ taken whatsoever in your question of… Cheers for now…

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My background is construction, I have a lot of confidence and work experience passed down from my Dad.

I've heard good things about Perth/ Western Australia but we are pretty open. What we want is the opportunity to work hard and give our girls a better life than what we think they would end up with in the UK.

Having run a company here it feels like I'm being bent over backwards for trying to do things the right way by the government.

We believe that hard work should bring prosperity and I've got plenty of hard work in me!

·
Banned
934 Posts
I would ring a few recruitment agents here in Perth and see what they say. Experience does count but unlike the UK and just like America, the tertiary education is needed to back that up. Many construction managers are degree qualified although it is not a legal requirement unlike engineering, which is.

the main job site for Australia is SEEK - Australia's no. 1 jobs, employment, career and recruitment site

Check that out!

BTW the bending over for the government is just as bad here. and there unlike the UK the environmental side also need to be dealt with as well lol :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.