Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a question regarding calculating my experience.

In my assessment it's mentioned that experience after May 2012 is considered as valid experience(for which I can claim points).

So in order to claim 5 points for my experience I need to completed 3 years(as I work offshore).

My question is regarding the end date for completion of 3 years.

Can 31/May/15 be considered as end date of 3 years or 01/Jun/15 is only considered as completion of 3 years.

The reason why I am asking is that I have submitted my EOI on 31/May/15 (which bumped my points from 55 to 60) and got an invite on the same day(have VIC SS).

I am in confusion whether I have received invite by submitting the right details regarding my experience or not.

Could some please let me know whether I should go forward and apply or wait until the invitation expires.

Thanks
Amrit

·
Registered
973 Posts
hi,
How did you update your EOI. if ACS mentioned after May 2015 then in your EOI you should have mentioned your relevant experience starting from June 2015 and you should have put your end date as null.
Your 60 points should have been updated in June.
but if you received your invite in May then it would be overclaiming of points and considered as trying to receiving an invite earlier.
Please provide more details so that someone can provide more details.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi,
How did you update your EOI. if ACS mentioned after May 2015 then in your EOI you should have mentioned your relevant experience starting from June 2015 and you should have put your end date as null.
Your 60 points should have been updated in June.
but if you received your invite in May then it would be overclaiming of points and considered as trying to receiving an invite earlier.
Please provide more details so that someone can provide more details.
Hi Sukesh,

I did my ACS assesment in April 2015. In the assessment document, they have declared that experience after May-2012 is valid.

May 2008 -- Apr 2015 (6 Years 11 Months)

of the above 4 years are deducted.

As per the understanding that if a person is working in the same company he/she is not required to get assessed again. Considering that I have claimed points from 1/Jun/12 -- 31/May/15 (5 points).

When I tried to enter 30/May/15 as end date it did not add any points. But for 31/May/15 it did.

Thanks,
Nanda

·
Registered
973 Posts
hi Amrit,
If you are in the same organization the end date should be left blank.
If you submitted your application for EOI in May (Before 31 May) then on 1st June system would have automatically awarded you points if you would have left blank.
But now as you have entered the info as start of relevant experience on 1 June 2012 and system awarded you points for 3 Years on 31 May it should not be a problem as you completed 3 years on that date.
But you need to be sure that you entered start of relevant experience as 1 Jun 2012 only.

I don't think it would matter much though lets wait for some senior to advise on this.

@ Jeeten/ Keeda need your advise on this scenario.....

Hi Sukesh,

I did my ACS assesment in April 2015. In the assessment document, they have declared that experience after May-2012 is valid.

May 2008 -- Apr 2015 (6 Years 11 Months)

of the above 4 years are deducted.

As per the understanding that if a person is working in the same company he/she is not required to get assessed again. Considering that I have claimed points from 1/Jun/12 -- 31/May/15 (5 points).

When I tried to enter 30/May/15 as end date it did not add any points. But for 31/May/15 it did.

Thanks,
Nanda

Reactions: Amrit459

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
hi Amrit,
If you are in the same organization the end date should be left blank.
If you submitted your application for EOI in May (Before 31 May) then on 1st June system would have automatically awarded you points if you would have left blank.
But now as you have entered the info as start of relevant experience on 1 June 2012 and system awarded you points for 3 Years on 31 May it should not be a problem as you completed 3 years on that date.
But you need to be sure that you entered start of relevant experience as 1 Jun 2012 only.

I don't think it would matter much though lets wait for some senior to advise on this.

@ Jeeten/ Keeda need your advise on this scenario.....
+1 to what @Sukesh said. OP has nothing to worry about as long as the start date of skilled employment is input correctly. You submitted EOI on 31-May and giving 31-May as the end-date awarded you the points- so nothing wrong there either. However, since I am not much aware of the 190/ SS process- just make sure that you received the VIC nomination irrespective of number of years of skilled employment- what I mean to say is that it seems you received the VIC invitation/ nomination before 31'st May, right? and if so- just ensure that VIC does not have any criteria about years of skilled experience (like minimum 3) and make sure that you did not inadvertently mention 3 years in your VIC application.

It is also correct that you do not need any further assessment. You just need proof of continued employment in the same occupation (i.e. bank statements, payslips, etc).

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

In my View: You are good.

IDEALLY For your Current Employment you should have left the "To Date" as BLANK in EOI, so that system would have automatically calculated your points.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Just would like to know, until which date the experience is counted?.
I think the exp is counted till date when you submit the EOI. Not after that.
May be I am wrong.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

Experience is considered until you receive your INVITE for calculating points.

Just would like to know, until which date the experience is counted?.
I think the exp is counted till date when you submit the EOI. Not after that.
May be I am wrong.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Please where i can i buy cheap corporate formal office shirts and blazer in dubai whether malls or open market.
thank you

1 - 10 of 10 Posts