Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
A similar thread might already have been floating around but it doesn't actually answers my problem exactly. So posting a new thread here.

Problem : I have my Education and Experience recognized by ACS and my employment from Sep 1, 2012 has been considered for experience though i was employed from Sep 2008.

I have submitted EOI on July 2, 2017 claiming 65 points. This includes only 5 points for my experience as the total number of experience falls below by 5 years.

But according to ACS, my experience will become 5 years from Sep, 1, 2017 which means EOI auto counter would have raised my points to 70 considering 10 for Experience. But this didnt happen , still my EOI reflects with 65 points.

Some note:
1. I have kept the TO field as empty for current Employer.
2. I have one week of gap in switching the Employer(i understood it doesn't matter from some of the thread).
3. This also includes 1 year and 6 months of German Work experience(hope it doesn't matter too).

So can I wait for another 1 week to see my EOI getting reflected or should I mail to EOI tech team.

This is very important as based on previous result, 99% i may get invite for 70 points as previous round ends with 65 points - August 23,2017 (Software Engineer - 261313).

Someone please guide me on this, this decision may force to wait for one more round, if the points get updated later, i know it is only one day remaining for next round, but sending mail now also would help me in some ways.

Thanks & Regards
Mohan D

EOI submitted - 01/08/2017 (65 points)
ICT - Software Engineer -261313.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
* There is a correction
[Extra 5 points for 5 years of experience not 10 years as mentioned in the post]

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hello All,
A similar thread might already have been floating around but it doesn't actually answers my problem exactly. So posting a new thread here.

Problem : I have my Education and Experience recognized by ACS and my employment from Sep 1, 2012 has been considered for experience though i was employed from Sep 2008.

I have submitted EOI on July 2, 2017 claiming 65 points. This includes only 5 points for my experience as the total number of experience falls below by 5 years.

But according to ACS, my experience will become 5 years from Sep, 1, 2017 which means EOI auto counter would have raised my points to 70 considering 10 for Experience. But this didnt happen , still my EOI reflects with 65 points.

Some note:
2. I have one week of gap in switching the Employer(i understood it doesn't matter from some of the thread).
3. This also includes 1 year and 6 months of German Work experience(hope it doesn't matter too).

So can I wait for another 1 week to see my EOI getting reflected or should I mail to EOI tech team.

This is very important as based on previous result, 99% i may get invite for 70 points as previous round ends with 65 points - August 23,2017 (Software Engineer - 261313).

Someone please guide me on this, this decision may force to wait for one more round, if the points get updated later, i know it is only one day remaining for next round, but sending mail now also would help me in some ways.

Thanks & Regards
Mohan D

Logically System should take care.

I would say drop an email to helpdesk if there is any and also wait for response. Hopefully it should update it to 70 . But i know you might miss invite today.

·
Registered
23,838 Posts
Hello All,

Some note:

Thanks & Regards
Mohan D

1. Recheck the ACS letter. They never write from Sep 2012, they always write after Sep 2012. If so edit the dates in th EOI and make it 1Oct 2012

2. ACS does the calculations based on MMYYYY but EOI calculates based on DDMMYYYY so even if there is a 1 day gap between 2 employments, or between 2 locations, it will be deducted from the total

So add all the dates you have actually worked in an excel sheet and then decide when you complete 5 years of working

I am sure you will find that you are still not eligible for the extra points

Cheers

·
Registered
389 Posts
i think your EOI points will auto update by 01-oct-2017

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks a lot.. As i have already mentioned i definitely have a gap of 1 week which anyways will be completed after 10 the September 2017,
But 5 years means you meant 5*365 days = (no of days worked).

I learnt another new point today, that in ACS it is mentioned as after September 2012, so in that case i need to mention as 1 Oct, ( i never knew that before). Thanks a lot. This might save unnecessary hurdles if i would have got invite.. But now then i may need to wait another 3 rounds .

Thanks & Regards
Mohan.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Thanks a lot.. As i have already mentioned i definitely have a gap of 1 week which anyways will be completed after 10 the September 2017,

I learnt another new point today, that in ACS it is mentioned as after September 2012, so in that case i need to mention as 1 Oct, ( i never knew that before). Thanks a lot. This might save unnecessary hurdles if i would have got invite.. But now then i may need to wait another 3 rounds .

Thanks & Regards
Mohan.
after september 2012, means 01-Oct onwards

·
Registered
23,838 Posts

Thanks & Regards
Mohan.
You are not the 1st to give the wrong date for points claimed start date nor will you be the last

Anyways it's good you heeded the advice and rechecked before it was too late

Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts