Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will probably seem obvious - but I will ask anyway.

I am debating whether or not to pay the $562.00 expedited service fee. It clearly says that they recommend NOT using the expedited service if you have been refused a UK visa in the past. My first app was refused due to insufficient supporting information --- which I am hoping they will consider with this new application.

Does anyone think I should try expediting it anyway?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
It's up to you. It's likely to cut your processing time by a few weeks as you jump the queues of non-priority applications, even if your overall time may be longer than other priority cases (because of extra scrutiny and verification required). It's $468 by the way.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Joppa - I'm hoping that it will cut the time a few weeks -- so I may go ahead and pay the fee. I think the fee may have gone up. I remember it being $468 when I applied in March -- but it now says $562. Along with the new health surcharge (£600 in my case) -- the cost of this application has doubled from when I applied in March.

Not happy about that, but there's really nothing I can do.

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
Paying for priority puts your application ahead of non-priority applications. However, if you've had a previous refusal your application will require further investigation so your application will not be processed as quickly as a straightforward application.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Jo Jo my first visa application was refused when I used a lawyer.
I reapplied the end of March and paid priority.
This time doing everything myself with the wonderful help from this site.

My second application was approved in 2 days time.
It's a lot of money but I feel was worth every penny it cost.

Good luck to you, I know what you are going through now.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wait...I see that you said you paid priority. It's late and I'm spacing out. Thanks again for your story. I hope it will only take two days for us!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.