Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear friends,

"Applications nominated by a state / territory agency under a state migration plan agreed to by the minister. As at the 8 February 2010, the minister is yet to approve any state migration plans. It is number 2 category.

Victoria State
Federal Minister's announcement on GSM visas - Live in Victoria
The Victorian Government is currently developing its state migration plan, which must be approved by the Federal Minister for Immigration, and information about the plan will be available on this website when it is finalised

SA State Sponsorship Applications

* Current Sponsorship applications with Immigration SA will not be affected – processing is continuing as normal
* Current processing time is 4 weeks for Permanent and 8 weeks for Provisional – pleaseensure that any new applications are received in good time to meet any DIAC deadlines (in the future)
* Obviously, any changes to policy/criteria or Lists from DIAC will have flow-on effects to Sponsorship policy/criteria/lists – until we know what the changes are from DIAC, we are unable to pre-empt what our changes might be
* As usual Immigration SA reviews our lists in their entirety around the middle of the year – any new lists that DIAC bring about will have an impact on this

State Migration Plans (SMP)

* At this stage the State Government has only received preliminary communication from the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (Australian Government) regarding the concept of SMPs. Therefore, at this stage we can provide very little information of use to prospective migrants or to migration agents acting on their behalf.
* DIAC have made the decision that each State/Territory is to have a State Migration Plan which will be a formal signed agreement between the Minister for Immigration and Citizenship and each State and Territory Government.
* It is expected that the SMPs will identify occupations in which migration is required to supplement supply available from the local labour market.
* The number of occupations to be included under the SMP is not yet known.
* It is expected that an SMP will be introduced around the middle of 2010, however no date has been set by or agreed to by South Australia and DIAC.
* None of the states or territories currently has a State Migration Plan.

Please update do you have any states information regarding the new changes..

Thanks

Ritu

·
Registered
541 Posts
rithu......
Seeing your time line confuses me
You got Case officer in April2009
Medicals Pcc finalissed May 2009
Then what happend big delay found.
Have you called Diac
.......................................................................................................................
Applied Visa 175 April 2008 (Paper visa MODL, CSL ,)
Got CO and Medicals July 2009
MEDICALS and PCC finalized July 30th 2009
Job Verification November 10th 2009
175 VISA GRANDED 22nd December 2009

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Hi Ritu

I doubt anyone would have any information on SMP. Anything that anyone tells u here or elsewhere would be nothing but logical reasons and individual persons understanding of the plan.

Lets see how things go.

Cheers
Anj

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
DEar Hari,
I applied visa 175 on March and converted into 176,Then i got immediately co becaz of the statesponsored application is 1st priority at the stage,but the 23 sep the changes,affected badly my application now i dont know what is my application status.But i hope my medical is going to expire april 2010.Before that i will get my visa??????.i just wait for one.

The SMP is now very important for all pending application which is not in csl/ Trade person. so the state plan will give some boost up the old applicant so only i inform to all my members.

Thanks
Ritu

1 - 4 of 4 Posts