Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
VSM, once you get enough to PM here, hit me up and I can pass along some info on what I know from visiting and comms w/ others, but if you look at lot of other forums and sites and even some YouTube blogs, you'll likely get some info/answers to the question. Anyway, once we can comm, I'll send you some info

·
Registered
574 Posts
That all depends on where you are currently living. There's alot of us out here.
Thing is he was specific in prior post/question along same lines and Jet shut it down for "security" concerns. I think on number of threads here people have said Where they are town/city wise and that should be ok long as no addresses provided? I'm pretty sure I can scroll through the posts on here and get info on what place a lot of folks live as they've been very open about it, be it Angeles, Laguna, Sta Rosa, Dumaguete, Subic etc. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Thing is he was specific in prior post/question along same lines and Jet shut it down for "security" concerns. I think on number of threads here people have said Where they are town/city wise and that should be ok long as no addresses provided? I'm pretty sure I can scroll through the posts on here and get info on what place a lot of folks live as they've been very open about it, be it Angeles, Laguna, Sta Rosa, Dumaguete, Subic etc. Just my 2 cents.
Exactly right. With all that is going on in country the other post was closed for everyone's sake.
He should try searching The Bars Of Angeles City. There are more expats and vacationers there than one person could meet in a lifetime!

Jet

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Hi vsm, firstly welcome to the group, many answers can be found on here and other expat sites, research and more research, perhaps if you introduced yourself initially the moderators and members would be more receptive and less cautious given the state of affairs there. First time in the Philippines? Regardless, now you have access to info and threads on this site, google is an extremely useful tool also.
Good luck and enjoy.

Cheers, Steve.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am looking at relocating to the Philippines. Can someone please advise the best way to move forward what job opportunities there are for an English/Italian speaker within the city.

Thankyou
Paul

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I am looking at relocating to the Philippines. Can someone please advise the best way to move forward what job opportunities there are for an English/Italian speaker within the city.

Thankyou
Paul
Job opportunities are limited at best. You need the appropriate visa before you can work. 99% of expats in the Philippines are on a pension, if you must work being posted to the Philippines by an international company is the best way, hours will be long and pay low.

·
Registered
659 Posts

Thankyou
Paul
The best I have heard of is to get a foreign company to send you over here - so you get foreign pay. It is hard to find a good job locally because the locals work cheap! Besides the hassles of a foreigner working here to begin with (work visa, 13a etc).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.