Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends,

I would like to set up this thread for queries about work points. People who got their PR without claiming any point for work and what document they deposited during PR process. Kindly share your experience so that everyone who doesn't claim points for employment can come to know what need to be submitted....

Thank You

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got PR after 2 years on a 457 so didnt need to claim work points. The process was comparatively simple - medical, policy checks, proof of identity etc - and it came through in a matter of months

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got PR after 2 years on a 457 so didnt need to claim work points. The process was comparatively simple - medical, policy checks, proof of identity etc - and it came through in a matter of months
Thanks mate,

May i ask what docs you submitted during the process? Especially in employment part. Did you submitted all like offer letter, pay slips or only those which you deposited to your assessment authority?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Hi,

i have lodged my application for visa subclass 190 and i am not claiming any points for my work exp. Though, i have uploaded my offer letter and roles and responsibilities letter during the time of EOI lodgment and Visa lodgment.

Now, lets hope i get the grant soon

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,

i have lodged my application for visa subclass 190 and i am not claiming any points for my work exp. Though, i have uploaded my offer letter and roles and responsibilities letter during the time of EOI lodgment and Visa lodgment.

Now, lets hope i get the grant soon
Hi Sameer,

thanks for sharing your exp. Did you not submitted anything else other than offer letter and reference letter.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just producing offer letter, reference letter with roles and responsibilities for ACS getting done and later uploading the same while lodging the PR application, and with out claiming points 5 of my friends got PR in the last 6 months time.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just producing offer letter, reference letter with roles and responsibilities for ACS getting done and later uploading the same while lodging the PR application, and with out claiming points 5 of my friends got PR in the last 6 months time.
No need to upload offer letter for ACS assessment I guess.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I got my 189 PR without claiming any points for work experience. My total experience after ACS deduction was 2.5 years, so i couldn't claim any points. Due to this, I did not submit any work experience documents to DIBP.

This was my points breakup:-
Age - 30 points
Qualification - 15points
English ability - 20 points
Total -65 points

·
Registered
363 Posts
Hi Sameer,

thanks for sharing your exp. Did you not submitted anything else other than offer letter and reference letter.
hi,

As S000 said just upload two of the docs and it will be suffice if you are not claiming points for your work exp

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got my 189 PR without claiming any points for work experience. My total experience after ACS deduction was 2.5 years, so i couldn't claim any points. Due to this, I did not submit any work experience documents to DIBP.

Age - 30 points
Qualification - 15points
Total -65 points
Hi FunkyZoom,

I mostly read your all posts and threads you generated :)

However, what all other docs you deposited to DIBP? like reference letters, ACS letter?

thanks

·
Registered
832 Posts
Hi FunkyZoom,

I mostly read your all posts and threads you generated :)

However, what all other docs you deposited to DIBP? like reference letters, ACS letter?

thanks
The following are the documents I submitted (all scanned color copies or pdf files):-

Birth certificate
ACS assessment letter
My degree certificates and semester-wise transcripts
PTE-A English test report
Passport
Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)
Medicals (didn't have to upload, hospital does it)
Affidavit for name dependency on my passport compared to other documents
Form 80 (not needed, but I uploaded it anyway)

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The following are the documents I submitted (all scanned color copies or pdf files):-

Birth certificate
ACS assessment letter
My degree certificates and semester-wise transcripts
PTE-A English test report
Passport
Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)
Medicals (didn't have to upload, hospital does it)
Affidavit for name dependency on my passport compared to other documents
Form 80 (not needed, but I uploaded it anyway)
Thanks mate :)

·
Registered
175 Posts

Age - 30 points
Qualification - 15points
Total -65 points
Did you mark your 2.5 years of experience as relevant or non-relevant in your visa application?

·
Registered
832 Posts
Did you mark your 2.5 years of experience as relevant or non-relevant in your visa application?
I marked the first 2 years (deducted by ACS) as irrelevant, and the remaining 2.5 years as relevant. In my case it made no difference.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Hi,

I have claimed 10 points for experience making it to 60 points. After going through number of posts by forum members, wherein visa got rejected due to verification of work experience, I am thinking to not to claim work experience at all. Instead, I am appearing for PTE and aiming for 79 in all modules. Dont want to take any chances with the application.

EOI is already submitted in May and waiting for the invite. Due to backlog, I may get an invite in September. I have got one month to score in PTE and hopefully date of effect would remain same even after the changes in my EOI provided I score 79 and above in PTE.

Cheers.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi,

I have claimed 10 points for experience making it to 60 points. After going through number of posts by forum members, wherein visa got rejected due to verification of work experience, I am thinking to not to claim work experience at all. Instead, I am appearing for PTE and aiming for 79 in all modules. Dont want to take any chances with the application.

EOI is already submitted in May and waiting for the invite. Due to backlog, I may get an invite in September. I have got one month to score in PTE and hopefully date of effect would remain same even after the changes in my EOI provided I score 79 and above in PTE.

Cheers.
Hi Raj,

Can we mark our all work experience irrelevant in EOI or we can only mark which deducted by ACS?

Thanks

·
Registered
434 Posts
Hi Raj,

Can we mark our all work experience irrelevant in EOI or we can only mark which deducted by ACS?

Thanks
Hi,

We can mark all experience as irrelevant, I have already marked my two relevant employments as irrelevant. I guess, we could do the same with remaining.

However, its would be wise to upload documents relevant to your work experience even if you are not claiming points.

Cheers.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi,

We can mark all experience as irrelevant, I have already marked my two relevant employments as irrelevant. I guess, we could do the same with remaining.

However, its would be wise to upload documents relevant to your work experience even if you are not claiming points.

Cheers.
Thanks

The man FunkyZoom told me that he submitted only ACS outcome letter, nothing else and he got direct grant.

Someone suggested me that submit those docs which were submitted to ACS.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts