Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am living in Dubai for the summer (in Jumeirah) and really interested in talking to people who have moved here about their experiences. I am very open to meeting up or even just talking through email. I'm mostly interested in talking to people about why they have moved here, what kind of experiences they have had here, what they think of Dubai, and how it has changed.

please send me a private message or feel free to reply to this post.

Thanks, hope to hear from you :)

anna

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hello all,

I am living in Dubai for the summer (in Jumeirah) and really interested in talking to people who have moved here about their experiences. I am very open to meeting up or even just talking through email. I'm mostly interested in talking to people about why they have moved here, what kind of experiences they have had here, what they think of Dubai, and how it has changed.

please send me a private message or feel free to reply to this post.

Thanks, hope to hear from you :)

anna
I smell a journalist.......

:eyebrows:

·
Registered
868 Posts
What you paying for our Stories

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am not a journalist. Although I am working on a project about the people in Dubai. I can't pay for the stories. Honestly, I have been browsing the forums for some time now and thought this seemed like a friendly environment and that everyone here is interested in meeting new people. So am I. This is not a 'study" or a newspaper article, or anything of the sort. It's just about people talking, telling their stories, a mutual exchange - a conversation.

I still hope to hear from some of you.

And since I've received a few messages wondering - I am from the states, I'm 28 years old, and I'm a graduate student.

Hope to hear :)

anna

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
I am not a journalist. Although I am working on a project about the people in Dubai. I can't pay for the stories. Honestly, I have been browsing the forums for some time now and thought this seemed like a friendly environment and that everyone here is interested in meeting new people. So am I. This is not a 'study" or a newspaper article, or anything of the sort. It's just about people talking, telling their stories, a mutual exchange - a conversation.

I still hope to hear from some of you.

And since I've received a few messages wondering - I am from the states, I'm 28 years old, and I'm a graduate student.

Hope to hear :)

anna
Please clarify why you want this information from posters please.

Thank you

-

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Please clarify why you want this information from posters please.

Thank you

-
As I said, I am a graduate student living in Dubai and working on a project about the people in Dubai - mostly people who have moved here from other countries (as most people in Dubai have). I don't know how else I can be more clear except to say that I am an anthropology student and all of the people generous enough to speak with me will be kept completely anonymous. Because I'm not a journalist, I don't have an "angle", I'm really just trying to talk to people and looking for common themes. Again, I am also a young woman living in Dubai and personally I enjoy meeting new people and I think think the experience could be mutually beneficial (in terms of enjoyable conversation, meeting new people, etc.).

Thanks
anna

·
Registered
48 Posts
Please excuse this lot Anna,

People can get paranoid about putting their names to anything critical of Dubai.

Give me a shout if your struggling

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Please excuse this lot Anna,

People can get paranoid about putting their names to anything critical of Dubai.

Give me a shout if your struggling
Thank you, I will :)

and also, I understand the suspicion as well as the hesitancy. But the thing is, names are not attached (and don't have to be - I don't want names). And also - it doesn't have to be criticism! I'm looking for anything, really.

But thanks for the words of encouragement :)

anna

·
Banned
20 Posts
Hi Anna,

I wonder why people are being so hostile here maybe they had some bad experiences. I am up for talking or chatting let me know if that works with you.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Send me a PM, its looking like it could be a quiet weekend

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.