Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gosh, I heard a horrible story yesterday.

An American guy is going back to New York and it is too expensive to take the 3 dogs he has. He has 3 dogs breed Castro Laboreiro.
So he decided to take only one and KILL two.
He is leaving tomorrow.
Yesterday he went to the vet and wanted to have them euthanised. Killed.
The vet refused - two healthy dogs aged 1.5 years, he is not going to kill them.

I know that dogs are in a kennel now and these girls here are advertising them:
dovska'pets

It is near Lisbon, I think Parede or Cascais.

If you would like to give them a home, you can contact:

Patrícia Oliveira 965 558 259 [email protected]

·
Registered
44 Posts
Gosh, I heard a horrible story yesterday.

An American guy is going back to New York and it is too expensive to take the 3 dogs he has. He has 3 dogs breed Castro Laboreiro.
So he decided to take only one and KILL two.
He is leaving tomorrow.
Yesterday he went to the vet and wanted to have them euthanised. Killed.
The vet refused - two healthy dogs aged 1.5 years, he is not going to kill them.

I know that dogs are in a kennel now and these girls here are advertising them:
dovska'pets

It is near Lisbon, I think Parede or Cascais.

If you would like to give them a home, you can contact:

Patrícia Oliveira 965 558 259 [email protected]

How sad, cruel b*s*ard !!!!

Did you find a home for these dogs?

Sorry am not able to help have my hands full with our Portuguese hound, he gets offended if i call him a stray :rolleyes: as he has now had a home with us for 2 years and gets spoilt rotten :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, I was only passing the information, I was not rehoming them but yes, i got the information that they were rehomed a few days ago.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Why do people think that animals are just things that can be disposed of when you don't want them anymore? I just don't understand the way some people think.

·
Banned
533 Posts
dog

Why do people think that animals are just things that can be disposed of when you don't want them anymore? I just don't understand the way some people think.
It is a question of mentality. A friend of us has a black lab. Toke is car to the garage and the wife of the owner was drowning two kittens in a bucket of water. It seems to be normal, the local farmers don´t take their cats to the vet, so if kittens come along and they don´t want them, they kill them. He rescue them, gave them a home and now the dog and the cats sleep and play together. They went away all summer and toke the 3 pets with them
John999

·
Registered
31 Posts
It is a question of mentality. A friend of us has a black lab. Toke is car to the garage and the wife of the owner was drowning two kittens in a bucket of water. It seems to be normal, the local farmers don´t take their cats to the vet, so if kittens come along and they don´t want them, they kill them. He rescue them, gave them a home and now the dog and the cats sleep and play together. They went away all summer and toke the 3 pets with them
John999
Cheers my friend. You will be in “trouble” when I get back, :D. Keep an eye on H. and T. for me
C u soon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts