Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm a French Business school graduate with 7 years of work experience.
I started as an external auditor for DTT then PWC for 2 years (+1 year of internship)
Then i switched to financial controlling in an Insurance company for 5 years.

Now i really want to switch back to a Big 4 in audit and complete my certifications (the French one and the CPA) but it's almost impossible in France. Recruiters are very narrow minded here. For them i'm now a financial controller and must stick to that.:mad:

I wanted to know, from your experiences, is it easier to make such career change in the UAE ? Could i get a shot at a big 4 with my profil ?
My idea would be to get in as a senior and stay for 3-4 years top, time to reach the manager level and move back to the EU or Canada.
Would that experience be valued in these countries ?

Finally, would i be better off trying to find a position as financial controller ? problem is i don't see any job offer in this field so far.:noidea:

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I'm in the Big 4 but not in the audit side. All the same, the market here seems pretty open minded about that sort of thing.

Probably more a case of your expectations. An audit senior isn't going to earn all that much (can't say though), and quite possibly a lot less than what you're on. Worth a punt certainly, but be prepared to swallow your pride and take a pay cut.

I would've thought that time in Deloitte and two years in PwC, you'd be at Senior already anyway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your answer

I'm in the Big 4 but not in the audit side. All the same, the market here seems pretty open minded about that sort of thing.

Probably more a case of your expectations. An audit senior isn't going to earn all that much (can't say though), and quite possibly a lot less than what you're on. Worth a punt certainly, but be prepared to swallow your pride and take a pay cut.

I would've thought that time in Deloitte and two years in PwC, you'd be at Senior already anyway.
I did 2 years at DTT:
- 1 year as an intern: 6 month audit & 6 month advisory
- 1 year as junior assistant audit
then i moved to PWC and did 1 year as a senior assistant.
Here the promotion structure is pretty much the same for all the big 4:
- junior assistant
- senior assistant
- senior 1
- senior 2
- superviseur
- manager
I guess it would be pretty much impossible for me to make the jump right to the assistant manager/manager level...
Would it be possible to move back to europe as a manager after being there for 3 years ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts