Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This must have a chance of winning the first prize.
On another forum (yes, I do go on others:eek:) someone was whinging about the price of turnip here compared to the UK............ I kid you not.

You think you've heard it all & then someone comes along with something like this:D

What's next I wonder?

Doggy

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
If theres one thing that really p!sses me off its the "it wouldn't happen in the UK" sentence

My normal response is "well **** off back there then if you don't like it"
I often say that as a positive tho!! I love the things they do here that "wouldnt happen in the UK"!!! Cos theres so damn much that wouldnt happen in the UK cos its soooo mollycoddled and protected!!!

Jo xxx

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't understand they way a lot of them keep on banging on about UK politics ............. as if they're still there:confused:
I'm not a political animal myself and would rather have my neh nehs cut off with a rusty hacksaw blade than talk politics but if that's your thing then surely it should the politics of the place where you live.......... or am I missing summat?

Maybe it's because they live here but don't regard it as "home" whereas this is definitely "home" for us and we plan to stay here until we kick the bucket or get so doddery that we have to get shipped off to a place where you press a button for somebody to come & wipe the dribble off yer chin:D

Doggy

·
Registered
56 Posts
I can't understand they way a lot of them keep on banging on about UK politics ............. as if they're still there:confused:
We were in England for 3 days a couple of weeks ago (not that I actually wanted to be there). My step father asked us if we had satellite TV. I told him we did. He said something like "Well it's good to keep up with the news here" I told him I don't usually watch the news because I really don't care what's going on in the UK now. He still insisted that it was good to know what was happening and I had to tell him again that I really don't care.

·
Registered
19,443 Posts
This must have a chance of winning the first prize.
On another forum (yes, I do go on others:eek:) someone was whinging about the price of turnip here compared to the UK............ I kid you not.

You think you've heard it all & then someone comes along with something like this:D

What's next I wonder?

Doggy

On the scale of whinging, I would say that's a pretty good whinge!!:) :tongue1:

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
I'm not a political animal myself and would rather have my neh nehs cut off with a rusty hacksaw blade than talk politics but if that's your thing then surely it should the politics of the place where you live.......... or am I missing summat?

Maybe it's because they live here but don't regard it as "home" whereas this is definitely "home" for us and we plan to stay here until we kick the bucket or get so doddery that we have to get shipped off to a place where you press a button for somebody to come & wipe the dribble off yer chin:D

Doggy
I whinge about UK politics cos OH still has his business over there and we still own a house over there - so sadly we cant escape it!!!

Jo xxx

·
Registered
26 Posts
If there's one thing that pee's me off it's the "price of turnips in (frankly, who cares)!" if you don't like the price then grow them yourselves.....lol hahahaha - well, that's it - we are all doomed! Turnips have gone up! (Should I add, "I only came here because of the price of turnips, now whatever shall I do? :) )

·
Registered
681 Posts
If there's one thing that pee's me off it's the "price of turnips in (frankly, who cares)!" if you don't like the price then grow them yourselves.....lol hahahaha - well, that's it - we are all doomed! Turnips have gone up! (Should I add, "I only came here because of the price of turnips, now whatever shall I do? :) )
Could always try a Swede instead,...much more tasty,...much more fun.

Lets face it, theres nothing a lot of expats enjoy better than a good old whinge.
They feel so much better for getting it all off their chest.
Theres definitely no shortage of grumpy old men and grumpy old women in Spain....

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Like Albox?
Could be, since there's a few there already;) but I fancy Mojacar mesel.

On the scale of whinging, I would say that's a pretty good whinge!!:) :tongue1:
Aye, you've got a point there...... ... there's me whinging about the whingers ................. does that make me a hypocrite or just a git? ............. I'll go for "git" ...... it's easier to spell:D

Doggy

·
Registered
22,399 Posts
Well, I confess I used to post whinging about the awful quality of potatoes in the Czech Republic but they were truly awful - out of 5kg you were lucky to get 2kg edible, the rest were black and wormy (uh uh, here I go again...)
My favourite whingers are people who complain that Britain is so full of foreigners that they had to come and live abroad.

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
Especially those without dusky skins, which is what those kind of people really mean;)
Lets not get racist - TBH, the better class of foreigner in Spain has nothing to do with skin colour and the immigrants in the UK arent necessarily any worse than some of the nasty little toerags who have lived there forever
Jo xxx

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
Back to the topic tho and I think that the British in general hold the world record for whinging and moaning - they should make it an oplympic sport, we'd win gold everytime! We really are head and shoulders above most other nationalities!

Jo xxx

·
Registered
22,399 Posts
Lets not get racist - TBH, the better class of foreigner in Spain has nothing to do with skin colour and the immigrants in the UK arent necessarily any worse than some of the nasty little toerags who have lived there forever
Jo xxx

Err....I think you misunderstood me, Jo...I was being sarcastic. I have encountered people here who have left the UK because they are basically racist - they don't like a certain kind of foreigner -you know what I mean. Not that many, thankfully.Those are the kind of people I despise.
And you are of course right - skin colour is not an indicator of character any more than money implies good manners. But not everyone sees it in that way, unforunately.:)
BTW, we came up to view the two Alheurins on Tuesday, didn't call on you as there were five of us plus Our Little Azor. We feel we need to take a longer, closer look - we just drove through, really - so we would appreciate your insider knowledge.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.