Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An interesting observation.

We need to put up 23 meter mesh fence in the garden to fence off so we can separate dogs. We have got 3 quotes, all from English companies/self employed. All have quoted on the same. 23 meter 1,50 m high galvanized and plastic coated green mesh fence, galvanized poles, with a 2 meter double gate .

Now the interesting thing. Quote 1. 1400€. Quote 2. 580 €. Quote 3. 480 €

wonder what price we had got from a Cypriot company?

Anders

·
Banned
140 Posts

We need to put up 23 meter mesh fence in the garden to fence off so we can separate dogs. We have got 3 quotes, all from English companies/self employed. All have quoted on the same. 23 meter 1,50 m high galvanized and plastic coated green mesh fence, galvanized poles, with a 2 meter double gate .

Anders
Anders - for quote from Cypriot, I am told to send you to speak to Andreas in the sandwich van at the end of the road! Apparently he has a mate who does fences?

Otherwise I reckon the last English quote looks quite competitive.

David

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anders - for quote from Cypriot, I am told to send you to speak to Andreas in the sandwich van at the end of the road! Apparently he has a mate who does fences?

Otherwise I reckon the last English quote looks quite competitive.

David
Hi!

We have ordered it today already. I know what the fence and poles cost so there is already not much left for 2 days work.

But thanks anyway

Anders

·
Registered
2,205 Posts

Anders
I must be missing something here in understanding you. You say you got 3 quotes from English companies and then ask about the Cypriot quote.

Pete

·
Registered
616 Posts
I'm guessing this is intended as a comment on the price Cypriots charge foreigners and their quote was in a different ball-park.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm guessing this is intended as a comment on the price Cypriots charge foreigners and their quote was in a different ball-park.
Sorry, what I meant was it would be interesting to get a Cypriot quote also when you see the difference in the English ones. But we have ordered not and hope it will be ok

Anders

1 - 9 of 9 Posts