Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have lived in Bordeaux for 3 years and although I love life here I have hit a stumbling block.

I am 6 months pregnant, due in February and seem unable to find any 'mums and baby' groups in the city - even for french people or expats alike.

Does anyone know of how/where I can find out about some of these groups?

I am conscious that when the little one arrives, I might have less time (or brain cells) to find things, but will need some social contact - especially with other Mums.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Jill

·
Administrator
49,984 Posts
If you can't find a group through the local mairie (they seem to sponsor all the clubs and associations in town), you may want to consider joining Message: Welcome to Message Paris

They are a Paris based group for English speaking parents in France. They do have area representatives located throughout France, and once you're a member, you can get a list of all their members - usually with an index by location - which should help you contact other young mums in your area.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
155 Posts
You might try meetup.com, if there is not already a group, you could start one. One of my best friends today, I met when she organized a meet-up for mums of babies born in 2007, when our little ones were about 3 months old. (Sadly not in Bordeaux.)

Sent from my iPhone using ExpatForum

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,

You probably have your baby by now! I just moved to Bordeaux, I have a one year old (13 mo) I would love to meet up if you are still interested!!!!!

Let me know

Timea

1 - 4 of 4 Posts