Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All

We are a family with two kids of 6 years and 6 month old. Planning to get study visa for 3 years for undergraduate course in ECU, Perth and dependent visa for spouse and kids.

The intake will be in July 2012 and will fly to Perth in May or June 2012.

Want to know what will be current monthly cost of living. A normal minimum possible living not a luxarious life.

Monthly Apartment Rent with 1 Bed plus living room.
Monthly Utility Bills, Electricity, Water, Gas
Monthly Grocery just for normal dishes
Local Travelling Expense

Expected monthly income for
Independent Financial Accountant
Computer Network Engineer

Would like to contact people in same criteria so we can meet and plan together. I am living in Faisalabad City. Can catch me at SkyPe with ID cisfsd

·
Registered
760 Posts
Dear cisfsd;

As far as cost of living is concerned,you would be consuming in the range of 2.5K to 3K - hinging on your life style though.

Please check following for your residential arrangement:

Welcome to the Australian Homestay Network - Homestay Network

Best luck!

Dear All

We are a family with two kids of 6 years and 6 month old. Planning to get study visa for 3 years for undergraduate course in ECU, Perth and dependent visa for spouse and kids.

Want to know what will be current monthly cost of living. A normal minimum possible living not a luxarious life.

Local Travelling Expense

Would like to contact people in same criteria so we can meet and plan together. I am living in Faisalabad City. Can catch me at SkyPe with ID cisfsd

·
Registered
2 Posts
moving to perth

we are in a same situation , Pakistani moving to perth in june from Bahrain,

Dear All

Local Travelling Expense

·
Registered
64 Posts
Dear All

Local Travelling Expense

My Friend,

i will honestly advcie you to come alone and bring your family after some months. This will help you to settle in the Perth in a better way. Also you are coming on Student visa so kindly make sure about ur income b/c by law students are allowed to work 20 hours/week (i am assuming this only apply all over the australia).

Do u have any friends in Perth?

Faisal

·
Registered
760 Posts
My Friend,

i will honestly advcie you to come alone and bring your family after some months. This will help you to settle in the Perth in a better way. Also you are coming on Student visa so kindly make sure about ur income b/c by law students are allowed to work 20 hours/week (i am assuming this only apply all over the australia).

Do u have any friends in Perth?

Faisal
Dear Faisal;

Is it a must to come alone?In what circumstances one should bring along the family?What if the concerned might be on PR?Any ideas?

Thanks.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Dear Faisal;

Is it a must to come alone?In what circumstances one should bring along the family?What if the concerned might be on PR?Any ideas?

Thanks.
Dear Hassan,

It's really help to takes the thing in sustainable manner. If you live alone you can bear the tough time alone and family will not suffer as well as not adding financial constraint. i also come alone in Melbourne and InshALLAH bring my family next six months. Control my expenses and looking for suitable option for renting, housing etc.

Faisal

·
Registered
760 Posts
Dear Hassan,

It's really help to takes the thing in sustainable manner. If you live alone you can bear the tough time alone and family will not suffer as well as not adding financial constraint. i also come alone in Melbourne and InshALLAH bring my family next six months. Control my expenses and looking for suitable option for renting, housing etc.

Faisal
Dear Faisal;

It is very nice to know to your future plans....... Insha Allah you'll succeed..

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Just for information, can anyone do a professional job of 20hrs a week on study visa?
say if i have 4 years of exp in my field, i could not get valid work visa and i used study visa path to enter into Australia, am i eligible to work in my field?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Just for information, can anyone do a professional job of 20hrs a week on study visa?
say if i have 4 years of exp in my field, i could not get valid work visa and i used study visa path to enter into Australia, am i eligible to work in my field?
My Friend,

it's not possible, nobody will hire in your field unless u will be on PR or AU Citizen.
Company will get hefty penalty while hiring people on students visa.

Faisal Mubarak

·
Registered
52 Posts
cisfsd
have u move to perth. Alone or with family. plz share your experience so far

·
Registered
1 Posts
Problems of living abroad

Settling into a new place is a tough job. Homesickeness is one thing that really affects you especially if you are coming alone. And the only way that keeps you going is to stay in touch with family back home. If you wish to call Pakistan absolutely unlimited, on super cheap call rates, try vopium's call pakistan package!

·
Registered
760 Posts
lycamobile is what we use to call Pakistan from Australia it costs 29cent for flagfall and on top of that 3cent/min for mobile and 1cent/min for calling landlines.

Thanks.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I want to ask my friends settled during last few months that if they r settled now ? Specially Job ?
What things r not the same they assumed before coming here ?

·
Registered
49 Posts
lycamobile is what we use to call Pakistan from Australia it costs 29cent for flagfall and on top of that 3cent/min for mobile and 1cent/min for calling landlines.

Thanks.
Bismillah Walhamdulillah Was Salaatu Was Salaam 'ala Rasulillah

As-Salaam Alaikum Wa-Rahmatullahi Wa-Barakatuhu

Brother, I hope you are fine with the blessing of ALLAH(SWT) and doing well. Brother i will be coming soon to Perth. I need your valuable guidance and help about cheapest accommodation, mobile and internet connection local and international etc.If you don't mind, I would like to have your email id.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts