Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys!
I recently received an invitation to apply for 189 visa. I had claimed 10 points for my experience of 6 years, of which, only 4 years were deemed as relevant by the EA.
I have done my B.Eng (Electrical Engg.) from Pakistan in 2009, then moved to Kabul and worked as Electrical Engineer in Kabul for 1.5 years. After that i moved to Melbourne, Australia to complete my M.Sc. Electrical Engg. in 2012. I came back to Kabul and have been working ever since. I had put in another 4 years (Electrical Engineer and Senior Electrical Engineer in two different roles) of experience in my CDR as Relevant Skilled Experience (total exp of 6 years).
Of these 6 years, only the experience I gained after acquiring my MSc are considered as relevant by EA, while my 1.5 years experience before my MSc are not considered as relevant by the EA citing the reason that my BSc does not qualify as Electrical Engineering (although it is and the subjects concur on that). I reasoned with the EA but they asked me to go for an informal review, which costs almost 300 AUD.
While applying for EOI, i put in the 1.5 years experience and marked it as RELEVANT (despite it not being deemed as relevant by EA).
Furthermore, I have NOT claimed points for my MSc from Australia as i studied it in 78 weeks.
My QUERY is;
Do I go ahead and apply for visa 189 and present the DIBP my contract letter, pay slips etc. from my 1.5 years job? would the DIBP consider it despite EA not deeming it relevant?
or
should i go for an informal review?
or
should i just submit another EOI and not claim the points for the 1.5 years experience?
AND
Can I claim points for my MSc from Australia which i have done in 78 weeks?

My points were 65 but if only 4 years experience considered then comes down to 60. I dont want to lose my money or worse, be banned by the DIBP. I am really looking forward to getting some guidance from the forum members.

Thanking you all in advance.

Saleemi

·
Registered
182 Posts
If EA has not considered your Work exp, chances are the Case Officer accessing your case won't either. Don't put your money in jeopardy.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If EA has not considered your Work exp, chances are the Case Officer accessing your case won't either. Don't put your money in jeopardy.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Thanks bro!
Truly appreciated.
What should I do then?
-> Should I go ahead with launching another EOI and leave this invitation to run its course?
-> Can i claim points for my MSc in Australia which i finished in 78 weeks?

Sorry to bother, but i am in quite a jiffy and would really appreciate your valuable advice.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Thanks bro!
Truly appreciated.
What should I do then?
-> Should I go ahead with launching another EOI and leave this invitation to run its course?
-> Can i claim points for my MSc in Australia which i finished in 78 weeks?

Sorry to bother, but i am in quite a jiffy and would really appreciate your valuable advice.
Thanks
You are really in a risky situation. DIBP might not(most surely will not) consider the points which are not considered relevant by assessing authority.
That means they might refuse VISA on the grounds for over-claiming points. I would suggest do not submit VISA fees.
If there are chances for increasing points by english test then go by that route.
If you still want to go ahead and lodge VISA then its your own decision. If i was you, i wouldn't do that.

·
Registered
191 Posts
That is why , currently I strongly recommended any engineer to go with MSA NOT RSEA

Now EA is more stricter than before , claiming points of experience with DIBP is very flexible rather than EA

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You are really in a risky situation. DIBP might not(most surely will not) consider the points which are not considered relevant by assessing authority.
That means they might refuse VISA on the grounds for over-claiming points. I would suggest do not submit VISA fees.
If there are chances for increasing points by english test then go by that route.
If you still want to go ahead and lodge VISA then its your own decision. If i was you, i wouldn't do that.
Thanks a lot for clearing my mind.
Another question though.
-> Can I claim 5 points for my MSc from RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia which I have completed in 78 weeks?
Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is why , currently I strongly recommended any engineer to go with MSA NOT RSEA

Now EA is more stricter than before , claiming points of experience with DIBP is very flexible rather than EA
Yeah! Should have only gone with Qualifications Assessment rather than doin RSEA as well.
Anyways am going to appeal EA's decision.
Should I go for a new EOI though or just wait for 2 months and then update this one?

Thanks

·
Registered
191 Posts
Yeah! Should have only gone with Qualifications Assessment rather than doin RSEA as well.
Anyways am going to appeal EA's decision.
Should I go for a new EOI though or just wait for 2 months and then update this one?

Thanks
I would prefer to withdraw or wait to lapse your invitation , because they already assessed your experience , from my experience you can't remove it

Once you have undergone with RSEA , you need to APPEAL to provide more evidence to verify these 1.5 years BY ANY MEANS

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Thanks a lot for clearing my mind.
Another question though.
-> Can I claim 5 points for my MSc from RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia which I have completed in 78 weeks?
Thanks
These are questions for assessing authority i believe. Why not a drop an email to assessing authority helpdesk and see what they reply back?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts