Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heya everyone,I wanted to ask you for advice regarding selling a property on the Costa del Sol...I haven't found this topic on here, if there is one, I apologise in advance.

What would you recommend is better, to find a good agent/agency and give them an exclusive listing or to have it up for sale by different agents? Or to sell it myself? So far I seen pros and cons from both sides, but wanted to know if anyone has any experience to share...

Thank you very much, I really appreciate it!

·
Registered
164 Posts
If you want to sell your property, why not expose it to the most amount of agents possible? I don´t see the point in "exclusive" listings at all - unless you have a property which you know will sell quickly, and the agent gives you a huge commission discount.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you want to sell your property, why not expose it to the most amount of agents possible? I don´t see the point in "exclusive" listings at all - unless you have a property which you know will sell quickly, and the agent gives you a huge commission discount.
Thank you danboy20 for the thought! One of the cons of open listings I've noticed especially searching on the web is that the property gets lost in the mass of listings and doesn't get that much attention I guess. One also doesn't have any control as to who is selling or presenting the property. I've seen some really bad websites with thousands of listings (which makes it look successful) but noticed that some of the stuff doesn't even work properly and don't get me started on the mistakes in the texts. I don't know if this bothers others, that's why I asked you for the advice.

On the other hand, if I would come across a reputable and proven ''efficient'' agent who would sell it for a better price, I guess I would think about it - but those are hard to find, so any recommendations are welcomed :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts