Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

I'll be most grateful if anyone can help me with this query of mine.

Actually, I have already submitted the application with 60 points and alos contacted by the CO.

At the time of application, I included my mother as a dependent relative. Now The CO has requested for few details of her like Medicals,PCC and relation proof. As she wouldn't be moving along with me initially, I would like to drop her from the applciation.

Please suggest me in a better way to exclude her from the application and also throw light on the complication, if any.

Thanks and regards,
RajuRokz

·
Registered
460 Posts
If you drop her now it will be very difficult to justify to immigration that she is a dependant of yours latter on. Which means that you will need to think about going the contributory visa route in the future,,,which is a little over 50k after you have had PR for two years (assuming she meets the balance of family ). In which case you need to put in a savings plan as soon as you arrive u less you have the extra cash already (most new immigrants don't)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response!

At the time of application, the term 'Non-immingrant relative ' has confused me, hence I added my mom and din't add my father as he still doesn't have a passport. Neither of them are my dependents nor i'm their's. Hence, I want to exclude her from the application. If at all I include her also, she wouldn't be moving along with me, due to family issues. Hence reporting to the embassy and 1st visit would be delayed at a great extent. I see excluding her is the only best solution right. Could you pls drive through the process, which form to fill and what are thr steps..

Thanks again!
Rajurokz

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
if your both parents are alive and are still living together, then neither of them is your dependent. You can advise the CO of this fact and let them know you erred by adding your mother and accordingly she's not a dependent and should be removed altogether from the application.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice!

To exclude her from the application, Do I have to submit a form(i.e. form 1023) or just write-up an email explaining my version?

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

Best thing would be calling the CO and then sending an email as well.

Thanks for the advice!

To exclude her from the application, Do I have to submit a form(i.e. form 1023) or just write-up an email explaining my version?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the response and it makes sense, but I donot have the telephone number of the Adelaide Team1. Where can I find the number?

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

IF you have received any email communication from the Department, THEN it should be in it.

Thanks for the response and it makes sense, but I donot have the telephone number of the Adelaide Team1. Where can I find the number?

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
I honestly do not see any point in calling.

Just drop an email, they'll respond and ask for a form if the email is not sufficient. If the email is sufficient, they'll process it.

No need at all to call

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
I'd complete form 1023 and send it back to your CO by return email.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts