Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI

I am coming to Dubai next month for 2 weeks. Is it better to change my sterling into Dirhams in the UK or when til I get to Dubai. In the UK £1 = dhs.5.7.

What rate will I get in Dubai ?

Thank you.

·
Registered
692 Posts
In Dubai ,you will be getting approx. 5.85 ... & its contuniously on its decline like the Euro !
Hope u have a good time in Dubai :clap2:

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Rates are always better in Dubai. Exchange a little at the airport when you arrive to pay for taxis, etc, then exchange the rest at one of the malls later on where you'll get a slightly better rate.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Rates are always better in Dubai. Exchange a little at the airport when you arrive to pay for taxis, etc, then exchange the rest at one of the malls later on where you'll get a slightly better rate.
The exchange near the Carrefour at MoE always gives a good rate. I get a better rate than a direct exchange from my bank (HSBCrap).

-md000/Mike

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
The exchange near the Carrefour at MoE always gives a good rate. I get a better rate than a direct exchange from my bank (HSBCrap).

-md000/Mike
I agree. NEVER exchange money at a bank in UAE. I can't understand how many people fall in the trap of "zero transfer fee", when the banks fleece you on the exchange rate they give.
if you have a large sum of money, try going to Lulu Al Barsha (behind MOE) or Bur Dubai. The rates would be even better than the branches of the same chain in MOE

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.