Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I'm currently in the US, and planning to move to the UK to join my wife on a Spouse/Partner visa.

I have a question regarding the online application form. One of the questions that the form asks is the 'exact date of entry to the UK'. While I plan to fly out in the first week of may, due to my job circumstances, its hard to provide the exact date I'd be moving to UK.

Is it a must that I have to travel to UK exactly on the date specified on the form?

Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi
My husband is also getting ready to send in the online application. From my understanding you do not have to have an exact travel date. You are not required to have travel arrangements when applying for the visa.
I suppose an approximate date will do.
We also do not have an exact travel date.
Good Luck!!

·
Registered
39,153 Posts
Hi
My husband is also getting ready to send in the online application. From my understanding you do not have to have an exact travel date. You are not required to have travel arrangements when applying for the visa.
I suppose an approximate date will do.
We also do not have an exact travel date.
Good Luck!!
Travel date is important because your visa can only be post-dated by three months from your date of application. If you put your travel date more than 3 months from now, your application will be rejected. Just put in an approximate date of arrival, but within three months of applying.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Some Consulates will issue the visa valid from the date you've put on the application. Others may issue the visa valid from the date of issuance. Just put down the earliest date you would conceive being able to enter and you'll be in good shape. I promise they won't shoot you if you enter after that date!

g

·
Registered
4 Posts

US citizen here now in Yorkshire.

When I was filling out the form I wasn't sure the exact date so I had put the first date of when I thought I might be leaving. I suggest doing the same as well. As it turned out I didn't leave that day, in fact not even the same month. Circumstances such as not having my visa prevented me from doing so.

G'luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.