Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just landed 3 days ago, i've now got to start looking for a place for the wife and kids, we were thinking about Mirdiff, where abouts are the best streets etc to start looking we have 2 boys 4 & 9 and i'd like it to be child friendly (within reason) etc

any pointers very much welcome!

thanks

Parky

·
Banned
6,690 Posts
Depends, try Jumeriah Primary School or Jumeriah College - both Gems schools, so basically they're ****. However they're better than most in Dubai - unless you can get junior into Dubai College or JESS - the best schools in Dubai.

And no (this is NOT directed at the OP, but at viewers in general), i don't want to get into an argument. DC and JESS are the best 2. Bar none.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Depends, try Jumeriah Primary School or Jumeriah College - both Gems schools, so basically they're ****. However they're better than most in Dubai - unless you can get junior into Dubai College or JESS - the best schools in Dubai.

And no (this is NOT directed at the OP, but at viewers in general), i don't want to get into an argument. DC and JESS are the best 2. Bar none.
cheers for the info JESS was on my list i'l move that to the top!

·
Banned
6,690 Posts
JESS and DC are run as not for profit operations, in other words they put their profit back into the school.

Pretty much every other is their to make the owners rich - GEMS schools being some of the worst. But then Sunni (GEMS owner) gave some AED100million to Dubai cares the other year. Pity he doesn't pay his staff a little better.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JESS and DC are run as not for profit operations, in other words they put their profit back into the school.

Pretty much every other is their to make the owners rich - GEMS schools being some of the worst. But then Sunni (GEMS owner) gave some AED100million to Dubai cares the other year. Pity he doesn't pay his staff a little better.
JESS is rammed full & sum so looking further a feild if anyone has any pointers - would be much appreciated !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.