Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I hope you can help,

I am in the early stages of being recruited to work in Dubai, the prospective employer / head hunting company has asked what package I would want. I have 2children 13- 17 years old who would require schooling and I understand a 3-4 bed property to rent and health care would be expensive. Could anyone please advise what a reasonable package would be and what sort of things would be reasonable to request or expect.

Many thanks in advance

·
Banned
598 Posts
Hi guys I hope you can help,

I am in the early stages of being recruited to work in Dubai, the prospective employer / head hunting company has asked what package I would want. I have 2children 13- 17 years old who would require schooling and I understand a 3-4 bed property to rent and health care would be expensive. Could anyone please advise what a reasonable package would be and what sort of things would be reasonable to request or expect.

Many thanks in advance
First, welcome to the forum, 2nd good luck on your future move to the UAE.

Now I have no idea what your salary is back home, but I am sure you will want a raise, so I would start off high and ask for half again of what you allready make. For example you make 100k i would ask for 150k and work from there.

housing. 3 beedroom villa is gonna run you min of say 125k aed a year. So again start high and ask for 200k and work from there.

schooling. I would at least ask for 35k a child for the year. Better to just have them say they will pay for any ammount to put the kids in school but keep it reasonable. For example my daughter (2nd grade) tuition for the year is 42k. But she goes to one of the more $$ schools in dubai.

cars- ask for 4k a month in allowance. anything over you will have to pay.

make sure they pay utilities for the villa, as that can get a little pricey.

make sure and try to get a moving allowance of around 10k usd

my mind went blank now, I am sure there is other stuff I forgot. Other will chime in and give thier 2 cents.

again, good luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mr Big, many thanks for your quick responce. Hopefully when i know where i will based i will beable to make a judgement on where to live and schools.
h
Has anybodY else got a view on what a fair package should look like.

thanks

Sharon

·
Registered
8,891 Posts
Get the allowance for housing. Don't have them put in your contract they just have to furnish you a villa/apartment. :) You might end up in discovery gardens :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.