Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

141 - 152 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
On the step 4/17, I got the message of:

An error has occurred
This service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

I read the FAQ mentioning that "invalid characters" need to be removed. The issue is, I do not have invalid character on my application.

Anybody can help with this issue? thanks

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have 2 questions

1) after paying the money, my application is lodged? or just after attaching all documents it is assumed to be lodged? when we will get acknowledgment letter from DIAC as i paid fees on 28 nov012

2. when we do the medicals ? when will i get medicals for my spouse n kids after lodgment?
I also wanna know about this???

anybody here who can answer the above questions

·
Registered
170 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
On the step 4/17, I got the message of:

An error has occurred
This service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

I read the FAQ mentioning that "invalid characters" need to be removed. The issue is, I do not have invalid character on my application.

Anybody can help with this issue? thanks
I want to know how we solve this issue... maybe the senior can help
There is not form to be filled on step 4, only acknowledgement. It is really weird.
Apparently many people have this issue.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Guys!

Its been over 2 weeks since I received the invite [Skilled Nominated 190] and though I have completed filling up my online application, I am stuck after the last page [step 17/17].

When I click "Next" I see that dreadful "system is currently unavailable" error! :(

This happens in any browser that I try! :(

Already posted an enquiry in the Skill select site and even called their toll free visa enquiries but no response.

Is any one facing the same problem?

Thanks,

RAJEEV
Hi Rajeev
I am facing the same problem as you. I am stuck at page 4 and not being able to lodge the application. Getting the same error as yours. Its been 5 days now. I hope you can help me out of this. I would really appreciate if you share how you came up with the solution to the problem.
Thnx

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi Rajeev
I am facing the same problem as you. I am stuck at page 4 and not being able to lodge the application. Getting the same error as yours. Its been 5 days now. I hope you can help me out of this. I would really appreciate if you share how you came up with the solution to the problem.
Thnx
I have same problem as yours.stuck at page 4.In the end i ditch the computer aside and use my samsung tablet and it works.Hope it works for you too.

·
Registered
26 Posts
PLEASE HELP ME......I got the invitation on 21st oct. However i am in big trouble as i am getting an error when applying for the visa in skillselect. The error is "Service temporarily unavailable. Please try again later" and is on page 7 of 17. I am not able to go through the application and lodge it. I have tried all the diff browsers, machines and networks but still getting same problem. I have also emailed to skillselect support team but no reply from them so far. If anyone from the group having same problem or anyone knows about the solution. KINDLY HELP PLEASE.

·
Registered
26 Posts
barhes said:
please let me know too if u find any answer to this problem. i am totally disappointed.
I got the invitation on 21st oct. However i am in big trouble as i am getting an error when applying for the visa in skillselect. The error is "Service temporarily unavailable. Please try again later" and is on page 7 of 17. I am not able to go through the application and lodge it. I have tried all the diff browsers, machines and networks but still getting same problem. I have also emailed to skillselect support team but no reply from them so far. If anyone from the group having same problem or anyone knows about the solution. KINDLY HELP PLEASE.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I got the invitation on 21st oct. However i am in big trouble as i am getting an error when applying for the visa in skillselect. The error is "Service temporarily unavailable. Please try again later" and is on page 7 of 17. I am not able to go through the application and lodge it. I have tried all the diff browsers, machines and networks but still getting same problem. I have also emailed to skillselect support team but no reply from them so far. If anyone from the group having same problem or anyone knows about the solution. KINDLY HELP PLEASE.
Guys who are facing the same problem as of Kuljit:

It is due to any special characters or invalid symbols that you might have placed and or copy pasted including free invisible spaces. This error is clearly mentioned in DIBP FAQ website below. Please have a look. I do not know resolution, but what I can suggest is, you try to check every field and remove things that are not supported right from the first page.

Can I copy and paste information from a document into my eVisa application?

eVisa lets information be copied from a document such as Microsoft Word and pasted into the free text fields of the online form.

When copying data you must remove all formatting such as bullet points, numbering, accents etc from your document into the free text fields. Only use numbers 0–9 and letters A–Z (upper and lower case), dashes ‘–’ and underscores '_'. If unrecognised characters or specific formats are detected in your application you may be prevented from lodging your application, viewing the PDF version of the application form or you may receive the following error message:

‘This service is temporary unavailable, please try again later’

If you receive the message you need to check your application and remove the invalid characters before continuing.

Ref - Online Applications – Applications & Forms

Best regards,
JR

·
Registered
26 Posts
jre05 said:
Guys who are facing the same problem as of Kuljit: It is due to any special characters or invalid symbols that you might have placed and or copy pasted including free invisible spaces. This error is clearly mentioned in DIBP FAQ website below. Please have a look. I do not know resolution, but what I can suggest is, you try to check every field and remove things that are not supported right from the first page. Can I copy and paste information from a document into my eVisa application? eVisa lets information be copied from a document such as Microsoft Word and pasted into the free text fields of the online form. When copying data you must remove all formatting such as bullet points, numbering, accents etc from your document into the free text fields. Only use numbers 0–9 and letters A–Z (upper and lower case), dashes ‘–’ and underscores '_'. If unrecognised characters or specific formats are detected in your application you may be prevented from lodging your application, viewing the PDF version of the application form or you may receive the following error message: ‘This service is temporary unavailable, please try again later’ If you receive the message you need to check your application and remove the invalid characters before continuing. Ref - Online Applications – Applications & Forms Best regards, JR
thanks for ur concern.. But there are no special characters in my application.. I have deleted and retyped the application three times but still same error at same point.. Plz help me guys..

141 - 152 of 152 Posts