Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

41 - 60 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
I sent an email to the email you provided

and I also suggest that everybody that still has issues uploading documents or lodging his visa to email them and complaint about it. Seems to me that they think that they are aware of the problems that we're facing but they are actually have no clue!!!
Yes unless they see plenty of emails around the same issue, I doubt they will look into the issue. Since this is a direct email, I guess they will respond quickly as well.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Yes unless they see plenty of emails around the same issue, I doubt they will look into the issue. Since this is a direct email, I guess they will respond quickly as well.
I agree, also we need to send a snapshot of the errors we are getting that shows the complete URL.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
GOD im sick of that error popping up my face every time i try to login :mad:
I sent the technical support team three emails today. Lets see how will they react tomorrow.

anybody else who contacted them today? lets push them to fix the bugs

·
Registered
42 Posts
I sent one on Friday,they still haven't gotten back to me.Hopefully it's a sign they're assigning us CO's soon.

·
Registered
43 Posts
GOD im sick of that error popping up my face every time i try to login :mad:
I sent the technical support team three emails today. Lets see how will they react tomorrow.

anybody else who contacted them today? lets push them to fix the bugs
Hey do you think it makes sense for me to share my eVisa password with the technical support team [eVisa] so that they can login themselves and try to locate the issue? Or is it something against the policy or something?

I don't mind sharing my credentials if that's what it takes for them to check the issue...

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Hey do you think it makes sense for me to share my eVisa password with the technical support team [eVisa] so that they can login themselves and try to locate the issue? Or is it something against the policy or something?

I don't mind sharing my credentials if that's what it takes for them to check the issue...
they explicitly asked me for my password! it was weird but i gave it to them, but without any solution yet :(
if they know what they are doing then they must have a replica system that they can change my password and login without the embarrassment of asking me for my password. thats why i dont trust that they know what are they doing!
also they asked me to try again every time they do a system restart that make me think that they are just sitting there wishing for the problems to disappear.

·
Registered
43 Posts
they explicitly asked me for my password! it was weird but i gave it to them, but without any solution yet :(
if they know what they are doing then they must have a replica system that they can change my password and login without the embarrassment of asking me for my password. thats why i dont trust that they know what are they doing!
also they asked me to try again every time they do a system restart that make me think that they are just sitting there wishing for the problems to disappear.
Here is a reply I got yesterday:

Hi Rajeev,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately a number of other clients are experiencing the same problem. We are investigating the issue and will advise you when resolved.

apologies for the inconvenience

Kind Regards

David Waddell

eVisa Help Desk
eService Support Section

I can't help but agreeing with you when you say that they might not be aware of a solution yet! :(

·
Registered
10 Posts
Having the same problem

Hi,
We are also having the same problem with submitting our visa application. When we click on "next" on page 17 we are taken to a page that says, "The system is currently unavailable."
This has been happening to us for 8 days now.
We have contacted the department of immigration several times and they are unaware of any problems with the system. We have also emailed them several times and they just say that they are looking into it and they are sorry for any inconvenience.
We are at a loss for what to do. Time is ticking by and we are frantic to get our application in so that we can start uploading documents.
Here are a few things that we have tried that were suggested to us. None of them solved the problem for us but maybe they will help someone else:
1. Make sure you haven't copied and pasted anything into the free areas of your application from a document that had things like bullets. If so, go back and remove all of these things because the system won't work if it contains unrecognizable characters.
2. Make sure your browser is not Microsoft 7. It needs to be 8 or 9 to work.

Have any of you had any success yet?

Megan

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Hi,
We are also having the same problem with submitting our visa application. When we click on "next" on page 17 we are taken to a page that says, "The system is currently unavailable."
We have contacted the department of immigration several times and they are unaware of any problems with the system. We have also emailed them several times and they just say that they are looking into it and they are sorry for any inconvenience.
We are at a loss for what to do. Time is ticking by and we are frantic to get our application in so that we can start uploading documents.
Here are a few things that we have tried that were suggested to us. None of them solved the problem for us but maybe they will help someone else:
1. Make sure you haven't copied and pasted anything into the free areas of your application from a document that had things like bullets. If so, go back and remove all of these things because the system won't work if it contains unrecognizable characters.

Megan
Hi Crunchy6,
I manged to lodge the application only to stuck with that error when trying to login to upload supporting documents.
I guess the key is to complete your application at one time, meaning dont save and try to complete later on. Everyone who is not able to complete their application have saved their applications at some point. if you have already done that then you're 100% under the mercy of the technical support team. Who has proved incapability in solving any issue for us so far. I lodged my application on 13-Aug and so far couldnt upload a single document. my suggestion to you is to keep calling them and bug them about your problem. you can also check previous posts of this thread for ways to file a complaint to DIAC.
keep us updated please, and good luck

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi Crunchy6,
I manged to lodge the application only to stuck with that error when trying to login to upload supporting documents.
I guess the key is to complete your application at one time, meaning dont save and try to complete later on. Everyone who is not able to complete their application have saved their applications at some point. if you have already done that then you're 100% under the mercy of the technical support team. Who has proved incapability in solving any issue for us so far. I lodged my application on 13-Aug and so far couldnt upload a single document. my suggestion to you is to keep calling them and bug them about your problem. you can also check previous posts of this thread for ways to file a complaint to DIAC.
keep us updated please, and good luck
Well at least from the email sent by the eVisa helpdesk it seems like they are indeed trying to solve the issue. Can't believe it is taking so long though! Wonder who developed this software! :(

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hi,

Megan
Hi,

Where do you see Page 17 ? Is that mentioned in the online application. I am also filling my application for 190 visa. But I dont see any pages. Am i missing something here?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Hi,

Where do you see Page 17 ? Is that mentioned in the online application. I am also filling my application for 190 visa. But I dont see any pages. Am i missing something here?
it is step 17, the payment, try to complete your application in one go rather save and continue it seems this causes unexpected problems

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,

I can only see page numbers when I try to lodge my visa in Explorer. Otherwise I don't see any page numbers (safari and chrome).

I have tried all different systems without any luck in lodging our application.

If you don't see page numbers, don't worry. Only worry when you get the dreaded, "The system is currently unvailable." Because currently seems to mean indefinitely.

Good luck!

Megan

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
I can only see page numbers when I try to lodge my visa in Explorer. Otherwise I don't see any page numbers (safari and chrome).

I have tried all different systems without any luck in lodging our application.

If you don't see page numbers, don't worry. Only worry when you get the dreaded, "The system is currently unvailable." Because currently seems to mean indefinitely.

Good luck!

Megan
Hi Megan,

did you manage to get in contact with the technical support team?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Megan,

did you manage to get in contact with the technical support team?

Yes, we have contacted them several times. Both by phone and email. No one has been able to help us and no one seems very concerned.
We don't know what to do! No one is taking us seriously.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes, we have contacted them several times. Both by phone and email. No one has been able to help us and no one seems very concerned.
We don't know what to do! No one is taking us seriously.
hmm.. i found this thread while searching eVisa unavailable. i'm in the same boat as u. I'm concerned if they'll ever fix this issue as this effects only very few people:(

·
Registered
10 Posts
hmm.. i found this thread while searching eVisa unavailable. i'm in the same boat as u. I'm concerned if they'll ever fix this issue as this effects only very few people:(
Hi,
Definitely call them and let them know you are also having a problem if you haven't already.

My husband just called them again and they say they know about the problem and are working on it...but that's what they have been telling us the whole time.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Dear Rajeev Chandrasekar,

Thank you for your reply email,

We appreciate your feedback on our system.

The issue you are describing is a known issue. The department is working closely with our IT area and developers in relation to this problem and are hoping to have a resolution in the near future. We will keep you up to date as this progresses.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards

eVisa Help Desk
eService Support Section
Client Strategy & Performance Division

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi,
Definitely call them and let them know you are also having a problem if you haven't already.

My husband just called them again and they say they know about the problem and are working on it...but that's what they have been telling us the whole time.

yeah, that's what they told me and they've been telling the same thing to ra2cool for about 4 weeks.

Let's try to find out what we have in common to get this error.

I used IE8 on WinXP. I've tried with Firefox, Chrome after getting that error.

41 - 60 of 152 Posts