Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

21 - 40 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
At least you guys were able to submit! My issue is different. I am unable to submit my application. When I click on "Next" in the last page of the online application system, I get this error:

"The system is currently unavailable."

When I checked 2 weeks ago [while it was working], it showed me the Credit Card payment page.

So thats my situation. Unable to lodge application! :(
Contact your case support officer, or contact DIAC by phone, you shouldn't bear the delay they should take responsibility and solve this matter for you

·
Registered
43 Posts
Contact your case support officer, or contact DIAC by phone, you shouldn't bear the delay they should take responsibility and solve this matter for you
Well I have been trying the toll free 1300 number for ages and they just keep me on hold indefinitely; never got through to an operator. And since I haven't lodged my application yet, I don't have a case officer to contact. I also submitted 2 queries via SkillSelect support site but no response.

Is there any other way I can contact DIAC regarding this issue?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Well I have been trying the toll free 1300 number for ages and they just keep me on hold indefinitely; never got through to an operator. And since I haven't lodged my application yet, I don't have a case officer to contact. I also submitted 2 queries via SkillSelect support site but no response.

Is there any other way I can contact DIAC regarding this issue?
1- Contact Us - Compliments and Complaints - Department of Immigration and Citizenship
2- Contact your case support officer who contacted you when you first received your invitation.

This should be critical for them! people not being able to lodge their applications.
I completed my application in one session so I think thats why it worked fine for me.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Ok here is something that one of my friends [Migration Agent] shared with me today:

Latest Update - 29 August 2012

Important Information - SkillSelect applications lodged with DIAC from 1 July 2012

If you lodged an application through SkillSelect (subclass 189, 190 or 489), after 1 July 2012 you should log in to your EOI Homepage for further information. The below information may further assist clients who have lodged through SkillSelect.

Attachments

All attachments for applications lodged using the new online SkillSelect system must be submitted using the elodgement system. They should not be forwarded by mail to processing centres or to this mailbox.

The department is aware of some reported issues in submitting documents online, so please be patient and keep trying to submit your documents online. Please ensure you read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and refer to the help button next to the “Attach document” tab for further information.

Whilst the Department’s elodgement systems may work on other browsers it is recommend that you use Microsoft Explorer or Firefox. This is to ensure that they can use the full functionality of our online services. At a minimum you should be using:
Internet Explorer - Version 8 or higher (Note: Must have the current patch for IE8)
Firefox - Version 11 or higher
GChrome - Version 11 or higher
Safari - Version 5 or higher

Important: Users may be required to change their browser settings to enable the use of DIAC online services. This includes enabling Cookies and JavaScript.

Further information is available on the website.
See: Australian Migration Services - Electronic Visas

Delays In Acknowledgement Letters

In the short term there will be a delay of up to 10 working days until an acknowledgement letter is received for e-lodged applications. You should however receive an automatic Transmission Record Number (TRN) and where applicable automatic confirmation of payment for the application.

If your current visa will expire within 10 days of lodging your application through e-lodgement, you should contact the department.
See: Contact Us - Department of Immigration and Citizenship
The department is aware of some reported issues in submitting documents online, so please be patient and keep trying to submit your documents online. Please ensure you read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and refer to the help button next to the “Attach document” tab for further information.
did anybody figure out what attach document tab they are talking about?

·
Registered
43 Posts
1- Contact Us - Compliments and Complaints - Department of Immigration and Citizenship
2- Contact your case support officer who contacted you when you first received your invitation.

This should be critical for them! people not being able to lodge their applications.
I completed my application in one session so I think thats why it worked fine for me.
Yes you are right! I guess this has now reached a point where it is a "Complaint" and not an issue!

I just lodged a complaint in this link you provided. Lets see if there is any response to this. I somehow feel that they might not address SkillSelect issues in this, but considering how desperate my situation is, I guess this is my last throw of the dice! :(

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Yay!My eVisa page finally shows that my application has been received.There's the error message saying I can't proceed with the application but finally!some progress:)
What do you get when you to try view your application (in the attached documnets list) after you login? I get an almost empty PDF!! only few basic information about me! please try and let me know

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
a new day in Sydney, lets see what the tech support guys have for us today :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
What do you get when you to try view your application (in the attached documnets list) after you login? I get an almost empty PDF!! only few basic information about me! please try and let me know

Same here!DOB,passport details,responses to questions,address,phone numbers and loads more are missing from my application.Worst thing is,once a CO is assigned,we'll probably have to fill the gaps all over again...not impressed:mad:

·
Registered
43 Posts
A new day... new hopes... But same old problem! Still cant submit my application; system is currently unavailable!! God please bring back the good old paper applications!! :(

I have received an automated response to my complaint lodged in DIAC website stating that they will revert in 10 working days.

Note: Observed that when I click on "Next" in Step 4 / 17, it takes me to step 6 / 17 rather than 5. Whatever is happening to this system!!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
anybody has contacted DIAC in regard of the so many bugs in their system?

·
Registered
43 Posts
anybody has contacted DIAC in regard of the so many bugs in their system?
I called this morning and i all i heard for 30 minutes was their automated voice saying their operators were busy taking calls! I am not surprised they are having to take calls so long! :)

And I raised a complaint yesterday to which they replied saying they will revert in 10 days!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Online fee payment options

Just a Quick question
Can we use a debit card instead of credit card for an online payment of application fee to DIAC.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Confused abt new system

At which step? the online system will ask me for a credit card number for application fee payment?
until now i have completed all the 17 steps in the application completion process.
Should i fill the declaration page (step 17) and submit ??
I have not uploaded any documents or submit the fees??

Need ur experienced advice...
Thanks n advance

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just a Quick question
Can we use a debit card instead of credit card for an online payment of application fee to DIAC.
Yep,I paid for mine with my debit card.

·
Registered
43 Posts
At which step? the online system will ask me for a credit card number for application fee payment?
until now i have completed all the 17 steps in the application completion process.
Should i fill the declaration page (step 17) and submit ??
I have not uploaded any documents or submit the fees??

Need ur experienced advice...
Thanks n advance
Hi! Yes you need to complete Step 17 / 17 and that will take you to the Credit Card details page where you need to fill in the details of your card to make the payment. You will be able to upload your documents only after you make the payment.

So if you are able to go past step 17, then I am jealous! :( I have been stuck in the Step 17 page over 2 weeks as I see the "system currently unavailable" page after step 17! :(

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
so guys, any bus fixed today? any good news?
my error is the same :S now more bugs are appearing with the new invitations. I dont know when do they plan to fix them,

·
Registered
43 Posts
so guys, any bus fixed today? any good news?
my error is the same :S now more bugs are appearing with the new invitations. I dont know when do they plan to fix them,
Hi! Ok I got some updates... not good news, but something!

I finally got connected to an operator on the General Skilled Migration telephone helpline after 30 mins of waiting! The call got disconnected unexpectedly but luckily I managed to give her all my details, EOI, TRN, Passport details, email etc. So hoping to get an update in the coming days!

Meanwhile, I also got a response from the eVisa helpdesk team regarding the complaint I had raised in DIAC. They stated that the system was re-started but I still saw the same issue! So I replied to their email. At least I am happy I am now directly in contact with the eVisa team who is responsible for fixing these issues! Here are their details:

eVisa Help Desk
eService Support Section
Client Strategy & Performance Division

Department of Immigration and Citizenship
PO Box 25 Belconnen ACT 2616 Australia

Hours of operation: 0830-1700 Monday - Friday AEDT
Email: [email protected]

Hoping that the issues get resolved soon and I can submit the application! Been over 2 weeks now! :(

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Hi! Ok I got some updates... not good news, but something!

I finally got connected to an operator on the General Skilled Migration telephone helpline after 30 mins of waiting! The call got disconnected unexpectedly but luckily I managed to give her all my details, EOI, TRN, Passport details, email etc. So hoping to get an update in the coming days!

Meanwhile, I also got a response from the eVisa helpdesk team regarding the complaint I had raised in DIAC. They stated that the system was re-started but I still saw the same issue! So I replied to their email. At least I am happy I am now directly in contact with the eVisa team who is responsible for fixing these issues! Here are their details:

eVisa Help Desk
eService Support Section
Client Strategy & Performance Division

Department of Immigration and Citizenship
PO Box 25 Belconnen ACT 2616 Australia

Hours of operation: 0830-1700 Monday - Friday AEDT
Email: [email protected]

Hoping that the issues get resolved soon and I can submit the application! Been over 2 weeks now! :(
I sent an email to the email you provided
and I also suggest that everybody that still has issues uploading documents or lodging his visa to email them and complaint about it. Seems to me that they think that they are aware of the problems that we're facing but they are actually have no clue!!!

21 - 40 of 152 Posts