Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread is to share experience of SkillSelect eVisa system bugs. Mainly "The system is currently unavailable." that appears every time after trying to login to eVisa on the URL:
https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/elp/app?login
This problem is preventing me and as per DIAC technical team from uploading documents to 190/189 lodged applications.

If anybody is getting the same error message every time time after trying to login using the URL above, please share any workarounds or official communication with DIAC regarding this issue.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi Omarau,

As soon as I login,I get "The system is currently unavailable." but once I reload the browser,the eVisa page opens up.My status is ?,as in literally,there's nothing next to it but a question mark.And when I try uploading my documents,it just goes back to the eVisa page with the 'attach documents' button but not reflecting any documents have been uploaded.I've tried different browsers on different computers at different times of the day (and night),and it simply isn't working for me.Rather than pulling my hair out,I think I'll just wait for a CO.Hope you have better luck.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Unable to submit application

Hi Guys!

Its been over 2 weeks since I received the invite [Skilled Nominated 190] and though I have completed filling up my online application, I am stuck after the last page [step 17/17].

When I click "Next" I see that dreadful "system is currently unavailable" error! :(

This happens in any browser that I try! :(

Already posted an enquiry in the Skill select site and even called their toll free visa enquiries but no response.

Is any one facing the same problem?

Thanks,

RAJEEV

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Omarau,

As soon as I login,I get "The system is currently unavailable." but once I reload the browser,the eVisa page opens up.My status is ?,as in literally,there's nothing next to it but a question mark.And when I try uploading my documents,it just goes back to the eVisa page with the 'attach documents' button but not reflecting any documents have been uploaded.I've tried different browsers on different computers at different times of the day (and night),and it simply isn't working for me.Rather than pulling my hair out,I think I'll just wait for a CO.Hope you have better luck.
this is exactly what im facing. good to know im not alone, DIAC says that they are aware of the problem and working on a solution! i think it has something to do with incomplete 175/176 application on the old system. or maybe its due to multiple clicks on "apply visa" button. anyways it sucks.
By the way did you try contacting SkillSelect technical support team? I think if all of us complain about this they will know how serious this is and how many people are affected by this and hopefully come with a solution faster.
Support Centre » SkillSelect Support

What Im afraid of is that once a CO is allocated, he has the right to make a decision based on the documents that is already uploaded to the system, which - thanks to this issue - is none!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Guys!

Its been over 2 weeks since I received the invite [Skilled Nominated 190] and though I have completed filling up my online application, I am stuck after the last page [step 17/17].

When I click "Next" I see that dreadful "system is currently unavailable" error! :(

This happens in any browser that I try! :(

Already posted an enquiry in the Skill select site and even called their toll free visa enquiries but no response.

Is any one facing the same problem?

Thanks,

RAJEEV
oh, thats even worse than our issue. at least we have managed to lodge the application successfully. feeling sorry for you pal now.
do you incomplete 175/176 application? did you press "apply visa" button more than once?
did you save your application the first time then could not complete step 17 because of that message?
my advice to you is to keep nagging about this issue to SkillSelect Technical support team. and if you dont get a proper answer, then file a complaint at DIAC website:
Contact Us - Compliments and Complaints - Department of Immigration and Citizenship

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi!

Thanks for the information mate. Like I said, I have completed filling the online application after clicking on the Apply Visa button in Skill Select. In Step 17 page after I click on Next, I see the error.

The sad part is that the first time I did not see this error and was able to go until the Credit Card details page, but my credit card limit was not enough! Now I have the limit enhanced, but the site wont work!! :(

I have 45 days to go before my invitation expires! :(

Any idea how I can contact the SkillSelect Technical support team?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I guess it's a good thing so many software engineers are getting invited:)I really cannot understand why the website isn't working.There are,at most,300 people on eVisa at any one point.Surely that's not enough to completely crash a website for 2 weeks straight?

I've contacted my client support officer twice about it,both times she gave me a date saying they expected the issues to be resolved by that date,they weren't.She then said if all else fails,I should just wait for a CO so I wouldn't worry about it too much.DIAC are aware that the system is not running smoothly so I doubt they'd process your visa without any docs attached.Try e-mailing your client support officer,just so you have proof that the reason there are no docs is because of the system?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I guess it's a good thing so many software engineers are getting invited:)I really cannot understand why the website isn't working.There are,at most,300 people on eVisa at any one point.Surely that's not enough to completely crash a website for 2 weeks straight?

I've contacted my client support officer twice about it,both times she gave me a date saying they expected the issues to be resolved by that date,they weren't.She then said if all else fails,I should just wait for a CO so I wouldn't worry about it too much.DIAC are aware that the system is not running smoothly so I doubt they'd process your visa without any docs attached.Try e-mailing your client support officer,just so you have proof that the reason there are no docs is because of the system?
My problem is that I am unable to even lodge the application! :(
I try almost 20 times each day and just dont see the Credit Card details page! :(

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Finally some progress

For the first time since I lodged my 190 visa on 13-August, I am able to login successfully without the "system is currently unavailable." message.

now I can see a status "Application received" and I can see my TRN number also, not just an empty form. However, it seems they didnt solve it completely as Im getting a new message after login now, it says:
We are currently experiencing a technical issue with our systems. You will not be able to proceed with this application at this time as this service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.
Please everyone who has had the same problem try again now and tell me what do you get.

I hope this means it will be solved soon

·
Registered
43 Posts
For the first time since I lodged my 190 visa on 13-August, I am able to login successfully without the "system is currently unavailable." message.

now I can see a status "Application received" and I can see my TRN number also, not just an empty form. However, it seems they didnt solve it completely as Im getting a new message after login now, it says:

Please everyone who has had the same problem try again now and tell me what do you get.

I hope this means it will be solved soon
Ok I guess that means there has been an issue SINCE I tried to submit my saved application as on August 21st. I remember seeing the Credit Card details page the week before. And ever since:

1. People who have already submitted their applications are unable to proceed after logging in
2. People trying to submit their saved applications are unable to proceed to submit

So it looks like they are aware that there is an issue with their system judging from the error message in your last thread. So that leaves me 45 days to start worrying!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Ok I guess that means there has been an issue SINCE I tried to submit my saved application as on August 21st. I remember seeing the Credit Card details page the week before. And ever since:

1. People who have already submitted their applications are unable to proceed after logging in
2. People trying to submit their saved applications are unable to proceed to submit

So it looks like they are aware that there is an issue with their system judging from the error message in your last thread. So that leaves me 45 days to start worrying!
True, except not all people its limited to some unfortunate people (us)

I dont know how will they send 1000 invitations in September without fixing these issues!! My guess is: it will be fixed soon

·
Registered
43 Posts
True, except not all people its limited to some unfortunate people (us)

I dont know how will they send 1000 invitations in September without fixing these issues!! My guess is: it will be fixed soon
Well its a new system and was always expected to be a bit buggy and we happen to be the unfortunate first-time-users! :(

Lets hope they fix it soon! I dont really think they'll be thinking of launching new invitations with the current site problems. Never know though!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
873 Posts
If there are still issues with the system , I am not sure if it is wise of DIAC to go ahead with more invitations on the 1st of September. Perhaps its a sign of confidence on their part - they know they will have sorted the problems in the next few hours.

·
Registered
43 Posts
If there are still issues with the system , I am not sure if it is wise of DIAC to go ahead with more invitations on the 1st of September. Perhaps its a sign of confidence on their part - they know they will have sorted the problems in the next few hours.
Ok here is something that one of my friends [Migration Agent] shared with me today:

Latest Update - 29 August 2012

Important Information - SkillSelect applications lodged with DIAC from 1 July 2012

If you lodged an application through SkillSelect (subclass 189, 190 or 489), after 1 July 2012 you should log in to your EOI Homepage for further information. The below information may further assist clients who have lodged through SkillSelect.

Attachments

All attachments for applications lodged using the new online SkillSelect system must be submitted using the elodgement system. They should not be forwarded by mail to processing centres or to this mailbox.

The department is aware of some reported issues in submitting documents online, so please be patient and keep trying to submit your documents online. Please ensure you read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and refer to the help button next to the “Attach document” tab for further information.

Whilst the Department’s elodgement systems may work on other browsers it is recommend that you use Microsoft Explorer or Firefox. This is to ensure that they can use the full functionality of our online services. At a minimum you should be using:
Internet Explorer - Version 8 or higher (Note: Must have the current patch for IE8)
Firefox - Version 11 or higher
GChrome - Version 11 or higher
Safari - Version 5 or higher

Important: Users may be required to change their browser settings to enable the use of DIAC online services. This includes enabling Cookies and JavaScript.

Further information is available on the website.
See: Australian Migration Services - Electronic Visas

Delays In Acknowledgement Letters

In the short term there will be a delay of up to 10 working days until an acknowledgement letter is received for e-lodged applications. You should however receive an automatic Transmission Record Number (TRN) and where applicable automatic confirmation of payment for the application.

If your current visa will expire within 10 days of lodging your application through e-lodgement, you should contact the department.
See: Contact Us - Department of Immigration and Citizenship

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yay!My eVisa page finally shows that my application has been received.There's the error message saying I can't proceed with the application but finally!some progress:)

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yay!My eVisa page finally shows that my application has been received.There's the error message saying I can't proceed with the application but finally!some progress:)
yup, me too, and im getting the following error:
We are currently experiencing a technical issue with our systems. You will not be able to proceed with this application at this time as this service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.
is it the same as yours?

·
Registered
43 Posts
yup, me too, and im getting the following error:

is it the same as yours?
At least you guys were able to submit! My issue is different. I am unable to submit my application. When I click on "Next" in the last page of the online application system, I get this error:

"The system is currently unavailable."

When I checked 2 weeks ago [while it was working], it showed me the Credit Card payment page.

So thats my situation. Unable to lodge application! :(

1 - 20 of 152 Posts