Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello guys,

How to pay the eVisa fees to DIAC ? I know that we can pay via credit card.

However, I already have Australian Bank "DEBIT" card with sufficient money in that and not a credit card.

Will this credit card work in place of credit card ? "OR" is there any internet transfer through gateway to DIAC's account and BSB is possible ?

I can do either internet transfer from my Australian bank account or use my Australian Bank account DEBIT Card.

I haven't seen an authentic information on using debit card for this purpose. Can somebody confirm me please who have already used it or have the authentic information.

Best regards,
JR

·
Registered
965 Posts
you can try Debit. it works most of the times if you have daily transaction limit

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you can try Debit. it works most of the times if you have daily transaction limit
Thanks Aravindhmohan.

Yes, I have 5000 AUD limit but that's for internet transfer. "Your daily Pay Anyone limit is $5,000. "

However, not sure if the same would work when I use debit card.

Still, I am afraid about your "TRY" word. I would really appreciate if someone can confirm me if they have been successful with debit card. Because any trouble in this transaction would put me in a mess as I am currently in India, and will not be able to go and set any failures in the bank by person.

Someone please also confirm me if the Debit Card limit is as same as Internet Bank transfer limit for ANZ Bank ?

Best regards,
JR

·
Registered
106 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
I did it with HDFC bank forex card and one of my friend did it with ICICI bank travel card

·
Registered
170 Posts
I did it with HDFC bank forex card and one of my friend did it with ICICI bank travel card
Was there any currency conversion charge??? or any other charges ???

or did you exactly pay the relevant INR when converted from dollars

thanks

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello jre05,

please read my post about how to pay Australian evisa fees
http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...lia/175873-how-pay-australlian-visa-fees.html
Thank you so much, that's beautiful post by you.

However, I do not want to convert my AUD back to INR (NO WAY) and again use any travel or forex cards wherein again lose exchange and service charges.

I am looking for an easy way to pay visa fee. I have everything in Australian Bank account EXCEPT credit card unfortunately.

I will wait to confirm if anyone have used AUSTRALIAN DEBIT CARD for paying visa. (That way I will not even spend a single penny watsefully, but the catch is, you and aravindh use the "try" or "think it is accepted" words. No confident confirmation. So I need to await until few guys who have paid this way confirms here. Else, it would be a big risk for me if I do such transactions and my money is locked somewhere when I live in India now)

Best regards,
JR

·
Registered
96 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts