Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. My fiance are in the midst of compiling all our evidence for submitting our application. We have a wedding date in Jan.

Is it a positive or negative if I go ahead and book a flight and evidence it in our app before receiving word on the VISA? Doesn't it evidence intent and that we would marry no matter the circumstance? Or would UKBA be worried I would try to stay illegally?

A few other questions if you are able:

1) Do we need to make an entire other copy of the application contents, or just original documents to UKBA?

2) Is the app fee paid in pounds? I.e. will there be a conversion fee if I pay it from the US.

Thanks!! :yo:

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
Hello. My fiance are in the midst of compiling all our evidence for submitting our application. We have a wedding date in Jan.

Is it a positive or negative if I go ahead and book a flight and evidence it in our app before receiving word on the VISA? Doesn't it evidence intent and that we would marry no matter the circumstance? Or would UKBA be worried I would try to stay illegally?
You should NOT book your ticket before visa is issued. They don't expect you to and it's foolish in any case because you will lose money if your visa is denied. All you need is a printout of proposed flight - just print the final confirmation page before you enter payment details.

A few other questions if you are able:

1) Do we need to make an entire other copy of the application contents, or just original documents to UKBA?
You should attach a copy of every document you submit, including bank statement and pay slips which they will keep. You must also print out the completed application form.

2) Is the app fee paid in pounds? I.e. will there be a conversion fee if I pay it from the US.
It's paid in USD.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But it's still possible to get married anyway no? Or is that just a bad idea? That will also set us back financially after the plans we've made.

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
You can't then marry in UK, but you can elsewhere, such as in US. I'm assuming you want to settle in UK afterwards.
But let's not be negative. You apply with the expectation of success, so make sure your application is complete in every way. As for your intention to marry, you should enclose wedding bookings, such as for the venue, reception, registrar, some include receipts for rings. Make sure you meet the financial requirement (this is a biggie), having suitable married accommodation and evidencing genuine relationship.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can't then marry in UK, but you can elsewhere, such as in US. I'm assuming you want to settle in UK afterwards.
But let's not be negative. You apply with the expectation of success, so make sure your application is complete in every way. As for your intention to marry, you should enclose wedding bookings, such as for the venue, reception, registrar, some include receipts for rings. Make sure you meet the financial requirement (this is a biggie), having suitable married accommodation and evidencing genuine relationship.
Ok. Yes, we are extensively evidencing all our planning, finances, and relationship. Thank you so much!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.