Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been reading all the threads on relationship evidence etc but with my circumstances being different i need a little help.
16 yrs married to usa citizen moving to uk together with kids. 10 - 15 docs of proof of relationship.

Marriage certificate,
Joint mortgage statement
both children birth certificates
and some other bill in our names

so that would cover about 6 documents what else? this may seem silly question but its not like i have emails or phone messages logs when we having been married and living with each other for 16 yrs. And i do understand i have to give the evidence that suits my circumstances but having a little trouble thinking of what other docs over 16yrs i could send that would be relevant !

Also with the photo proof again i think it said 10-15 photos is that correct?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Joint tax returns. Insurance documents. Bank statements.

Your kids birth certificates aren't proof of cohabitation so leave those out.

I know someone who was recently refused after being married for 20 years because she didn't provide enough evidence of cohabitation. She focused too much on pictures and children's birth certificates.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for the reply. It is rather hard with the application clearly geared to people just starting out on a newer relationship it doesnt cover much on those of us married and living together for years or coming over together as a family.
Should i make sure that the Evidence i provide covers the full 16yrs having some dating back to when we first married all the way to present?

To be honest with you my situation has the simplest of questions seeming to be hard to answer. For example How do you communicate with your sponsor? .. my husband was like well In person daily cause we live together and I'm retired lol ...at least we are smiling through the process :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
You only need to prove correspondence if you are not living together. You only need to provide cohabitation evidence. And yes, I would go back all 16 years, if at all possible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.