Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of an easy way of proving self employed status in the UK for residency purposes?

I was self employed in the family business for 15 years prior to coming to NZ. Unfortunately my father died in 2010 & i have no one to help me prove that. Is there any other way i can prove i was self employed from 2003 until 2013?

Can i contact Inland Revenue & ask for evidence i paid tax?

Any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Has anyone been in this position before?

Kind regards

Stephen

·
Super Moderator
4,930 Posts
Does anyone know of an easy way of proving self employed status in the UK for residency purposes?

I was self employed in the family business for 15 years prior to coming to NZ. Unfortunately my father died in 2010 & i have no one to help me prove that. Is there any other way i can prove i was self employed from 2003 until 2013?

Can i contact Inland Revenue & ask for evidence i paid tax?

Any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Has anyone been in this position before?

Kind regards

Stephen
Hmm difficult one.
What about bank records showing the regular transfer of salary ?
You can contact the Inland Revenue or HMRC to find out all your income tax history. Hopefully they'll be able to assist.
Other than that what about your father's business contacts. He must have had an accountant, a lawyer / solicitor.....someone who did the books. Maybe a silent partner or an investor ?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts