Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all!

Just had a thought run through my head. With the spouse visa you need to provide evidence to prove your relationship is genuine etc.

What sort of documents can you include? We've got pages and pages of instant messaging chat logs, call logs, a lot of photos. What else can be included?

Regarding the chat logs, I believe these will need to be translated where necessary by a recognized translator? Do the translated chat logs need to have been translated within a certain date of the application?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
My son is collecting the receipts from Western Union that he has from sending money to his wife and child back in Zimbabwe. I would have thought that will be useful...

·
Super Moderator
18,065 Posts
Morning all!

Just had a thought run through my head. With the spouse visa you need to provide evidence to prove your relationship is genuine etc.

What sort of documents can you include? We've got pages and pages of instant messaging chat logs, call logs, a lot of photos. What else can be included?

Regarding the chat logs, I believe these will need to be translated where necessary by a recognized translator? Do the translated chat logs need to have been translated within a certain date of the application?

Thanks!
Yes, all those things are useful however you do not need pages and pages. You just need to show that you have kept in touch throughout your relationship so a couple of pages every 6 months or so depending on how long you've been together. Yes, chat logs will need to be translated by a recognized translator. You should also include flight tickets or itineraries of trips taken to visit each other or trips taken together.

·
Super Moderator
18,065 Posts
My son is collecting the receipts from Western Union that he has from sending money to his wife and child back in Zimbabwe. I would have thought that will be useful...
They want to know that they keep in touch so email logs, phone logs, skype logs and other things like that are more useful.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
They want to know that they keep in touch so email logs, phone logs, skype logs and other things like that are more useful.
Thanks Nyclon, yes he has all of those but just thought it may prove useful that their relationship is genuine if he keeps those...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yes, you need a call logs, chat logs but still you need few proof from below points:
-current, long-term relationship;
-living together with your partner;
-share responsibility with your partner for any children;
-share financial responsibilities with your partner, such as a joint mortgage or tenancy agreement, a joint bank -account or joint savings, and utility bills in both your names;
-your partner have visited one another's home country and family; and
-you have made plans about living together in the UK with your partner.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Yes, you need a call logs, chat logs but still you need few proof from below points:
-share financial responsibilities with your partner, such as a joint mortgage or tenancy agreement, a joint bank -account or joint savings, and utility bills in both your names;
How do you show shared responsibility for the children?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, all those things are useful however you do not need pages and pages. You just need to show that you have kept in touch throughout your relationship so a couple of pages every 6 months or so depending on how long you've been together. Yes, chat logs will need to be translated by a recognized translator. You should also include flight tickets or itineraries of trips taken to visit each other or trips taken together.
Thanks for the reply! We had about 2000 pages of chat logs when we submitted our first application last year. Glad it's not necessary to submit the whole lot this time!

So how is a recognised translator identified? Honestly can't say I've ever needed one so I don't know where to find one!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
These are actually more difficult for me to prove. I've been to China on and off since meeting her, never actually had our own place as such so I'm not sure how we could show that we had been living together?

The last two points are however easier as flight tickets and photos etc should do the trick!

·
Super Moderator
18,065 Posts
Thanks for the reply! We had about 2000 pages of chat logs when we submitted our first application last year. Glad it's not necessary to submit the whole lot this time!
You didn't need 2000 pages the 1st time either.

So how is a recognised translator identified? Honestly can't say I've ever needed one so I don't know where to find one!
If a document isn't in English or Welsh it must be translated and the UKBA must be able to verify the translation.

The original translation must contain:

confirmation from the translator or translation company that it is an accurate translation of the original document;

the date of the translation;

the full name and signature of the translator or of an authorised official of the translation company; and

the translator or translation company's contact details.

·
Super Moderator
18,065 Posts
These are actually more difficult for me to prove. I've been to China on and off since meeting her, never actually had our own place as such so I'm not sure how we could show that we had been living together?

The last two points are however easier as flight tickets and photos etc should do the trick!
If you haven't lived together, had children together or don't have joint financial responsibilities because you just got married, don't worry about it. You live in different countries and not everybody lives together before marriage. They understand that. Obviously these things will be important for your next visa FLR (M) in 2 1/2 years so make sure you get her name on utility bills, set up a joint bank account etc.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you haven't lived together, had children together or don't have joint financial responsibilities because you just got married, don't worry about it. You live in different countries and not everybody lives together before marriage. They understand that. Obviously these things will be important for your next visa FLR (M) in 2 1/2 years so make sure you get her name on utility bills, set up a joint bank account etc.
Will they accept photos showing how about 80% of my wardrobe and storage space has been taken over?? haha ;)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You didn't need 2000 pages the 1st time either.

If a document isn't in English or Welsh it must be translated and the UKBA must be able to verify the translation.

confirmation from the translator or translation company that it is an accurate translation of the original document;

the full name and signature of the translator or of an authorised official of the translation company; and

the translator or translation company's contact details.
Oh and regarding the translation, does it have to have been done within a certain time of the application? I'm assuming the translated documents from the application a year ago are too old!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So is there a certain time e.g. no more than a month from the date of application that the translation must be done etc?

Most importantly, where would one find a recognised translator for this task?

When showing instant messenger chat logs, is it best to copy and paste it all into a document or screen shot the logs and translate?

Thanks

·
Registered
368 Posts
I guess there is no time period for translating the transcripts, it can be done anytime and submitted at the time of application but its better to submit fresh evidences and not rely on the older ones.
Can't say about the recognized translator, b'coz did'nt need one, may be other experienced members have a good knowledge of that.
As far as I know- they are not concerned about the matter/content and just need relevant samples of subsisting relationship hence screenshots covering dates, time , year and subject are good enough to have them satisfied. Instead of translating all the messages, submit the ones which are done in English language or English mixed with your own language which could avoid the hassle of finding the translators but if its easy for u can go for it.
Hope this helps

Regards
Juhi

·
Super Moderator
18,065 Posts
This is from the UKBA website regarding translators:

"If a document isn't in English or Welsh it must be translated and the UKBA must be able to verify the translation.

the translator or translation company's contact details."

Find a translator who fits those requirements and you should be fine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.